Advice on packaging a guitar... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Question Advice on packaging a guitar...

...or actually a bass in this case, for safe shipping without a hard case. It just has a gig bag. I know buying a case and adding it to the price would be best but I'd prefer not to go that route if there's a good way to do it without.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 02:39 PM

Re: Advice on packaging a guitar...

i've had a guitar or two sent to me without a case and just a bag. The best thing that worked was to put it in a standard sized new guitar box, and pad the crap out of it with newspaper and bubble wrap. A box that has a little extra room is always good incase the shipping company dents the box, or smashes it a little.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Maybe adding a piece of 2"x4"to the box helps. As long as the bass. Its not very heavy and maybe the $2 shipping extra pay off
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 05:03 PM

Put the guitar into a guitar paper box, then put the box into a larger box with plenty of air bubles in between.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 05:07 PM

You could try to get a guitar sized packaging box from a music shop - they may have spares thay would only get thrown out, and then pack it with as much bubblewrap etc that you can fit in the box...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode