Advice on USA custom shop guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Advice on USA custom shop guitar

Hello,
I need your opinion or advice a USA custom shop guitar that has the reptile paint job that is perfect. The guitar has shark fin inlays, H-S-S set up, comes with original case and as far as I can see, the only thing missing is the plastic knob on the selector switch. What can I expect for thinkness of the neck compared to a Charvel 475 deluxe or a Jackson DK2M? I had an old Ibanez Roadstar back in 1990, and that was my last experience with Ibanezs, which I wish I had not sold. I have played quite a few prestiges and sabres. I understand the build quality on the American Ibanez customs are oustanding, any thoughts?

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 01:19 PM

Re: Advice on USA custom shop guitar

The neck would be thinner and wider than a Charvel, it's basically an RG7XX with a custom finish. They play amazing, as do most high end Ibanez guitars.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

How rare is this paint job? I am pretty stoked about getting an American Ibanez. How does it compare to say the Paul Gilbert models? If I lose out on this, that is what I am leaning towards.

Sean
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:01 PM

I know Dave Weiner is going to have an Ibanez LACS guitar up for sale soon. $5k!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM

Reviews: 39

Rob Balducci plays LACS and tone wise, they are spectuacular...playing wise, i'd imagine they are just the same...

As a PGM owner, I can say they are flippin fantastic, but I always am switching to a rosewood fretboard guitar for darker tones.

I'm sure Rich could chime in on the LACS quality, he's probably handled the most lol.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

The difference is price is about 70 dollars, well within my budget, I am just frugal. I am leaning towards the USA custom as they are rare. However, I am a HUGE Paul Gilbert fan and owning one is also giving me doubts on what to do. So, with that in mind, can anyone just give me their opinions on what they would do. Ultimately, I will make up my mind, but I like to weigh this out with other people's opinions.

Sincerely,

Sean
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Reviews: 25

Id go the USA Custom...
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 07:51 PM

US custy all the way. Mintaz.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 AM

I have a few USAC's, and I can tell you that with a proper setup, you can't beat em. The PGM's are great guitars as well, but with a different neck profile and feel. You decide which suits you best. But the USAC'S are great guitars that hold their value pretty well. You really can't go wrong.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 05:35 AM

Reviews: 34

US Custom for me.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 AM

It really is a great combination. RG7** level parts, custom finishing (to varying degrees), and collectible. And the stock made-by-DiMarzio pickups are really good too. They're just a little something out of the ordinary. If you don't do your own setups, make SURE you go to a respected pro and get it done right. A USAC with a quality setup is as good as anything out there. Post pics when you get it!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Gentlemen,
Thanks for your opinions, it just sealed the fate of my cash. I am going the the USA, once it arrives, I will post some photos. Is there a gallery of USA guitars started? Please forgive, I am not up on all of the Ibanez acronyms just quite yet. Thanks for your time on this issue.

Regards,

Sean
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again to all that weighed in and helped me make my decision. I was leaning towards the USA Ibby and its on its way. Where on the forum am I allowed to post photos of it and where do I register it here on the site. I am still learning to navigate this board and everyone has been very helpful, so thanks again and cheers!

Sean
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 PM

There is a leopard and a reptile finish usa customs at my local guitar center in monroeville, Pa. Search on there site under used gear.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

The reptile is now on its way to me, I purchased it from GC, on Thursday, not a bad price. If they drop the Leopard one down the the same price, I would be tempted. Can I post photos of the reptile one here or is there another location on the board?

Sean

Tags
usa custom shop advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode