Agile, Insane sale ATM at Rondo - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Agile, Insane sale ATM at Rondo

Check out the AG-3000 in Tribal Green and Black, looks like a steal to me for only USD 300! I'm thinking of buying one, anyone know how they play or if the stock non brand actives are any good? For that price, I could put one of the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it...or a set of them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Re: Agile, Insane sale ATM at Rondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilverdew View Post
Check out the AG-3000 in Tribal Green and Black, looks like a steal to me for only USD 300! I'm thinking of buying one, anyone know how they play or if the stock non brand actives are any good? For that price, I could put one of the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it...or a set of them!
I have an Agile 3100. Frankly it is one of the most amazing guitars that I have ever played. The jump in quality once they get to 3000 is unbelievable. I was playing mine last night and was simply blown away by the tone and workmanship. I am not a Les Paul kind of guy but when I am in the mood, Agile certainly fits the bill. Here's a pic of mine.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidhouse View Post
I have an Agile 3100. Frankly it is one of the most amazing guitars that I have ever played. The jump in quality once they get to 3000 is unbelievable. I was playing mine last night and was simply blown away by the tone and workmanship. I am not a Les Paul kind of guy but when I am in the mood, Agile certainly fits the bill. Here's a pic of mine.

That's a nice looking guitar! How does it compare to a Gibson? What are the specs?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM

I've got two of the 3000's. Good guitars. Compared to my Gibson Swamp Ash, they are heavier, the pickups are hotter and the necks are a tad bit smaller. Construction on them is very solid. Very good guitars for the money.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfergel View Post
I've got two of the 3000's. Good guitars. Compared to my Gibson Swamp Ash, they are heavier, the pickups are hotter and the necks are a tad bit smaller. Construction on them is very solid. Very good guitars for the money.

Cool!! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 04:36 PM

I haven't actually touched a Gibson LP in a few years with the exception of a couple of stops in the Gibson shop in Nashville recently. My buddy has a couple of beaut's from the early 70s that he used to let me mess around with. I can tell you that if you compare the specs of the Agile to what you would pay for the Gibson, it's an easy decision. I searched to find the nearest equivalent Gibson to mine up top and I was looking in the $2400 range for a Guitar that I paid $400 for including shipping. No, I am sure that it is not spec for spec as nice as the $2400 guitar but truthfully, I noticed that in some ways the Agile offered a lot of things that Gibson wasn't listing as an example the mahogany is evenly balanced on the Agile. I haven't noticed my pickups being hot but very likely they could be hotter than what is offered by Gibson. Overall, I can't see any way that you can go wrong buying an Agile.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidhouse View Post
I haven't actually touched a Gibson LP in a few years with the exception of a couple of stops in the Gibson shop in Nashville recently. My buddy has a couple of beaut's from the early 70s that he used to let me mess around with. I can tell you that if you compare the specs of the Agile to what you would pay for the Gibson, it's an easy decision. I searched to find the nearest equivalent Gibson to mine up top and I was looking in the $2400 range for a Guitar that I paid $400 for including shipping. No, I am sure that it is not spec for spec as nice as the $2400 guitar but truthfully, I noticed that in some ways the Agile offered a lot of things that Gibson wasn't listing as an example the mahogany is evenly balanced on the Agile. I haven't noticed my pickups being hot but very likely they could be hotter than what is offered by Gibson. Overall, I can't see any way that you can go wrong buying an Agile.

Cool!! Thanks.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 PM

....and to add.....my swamp ash has the 490R and 498T alnico humbuckers. Now, I owned a Gibson Les Paul BFG with the Burstbucker 3. The Burstbucker is much hotter, but it isn't a potted pickup, so you have to be careful of feedback. Now, I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think Agile's are chambered or use weight relief in the bodies. Most all Gibson's are now. That's one of the biggest reasons my Swamp Ash guitar (and even the BFG) was lighter than the Agile's. Now, there are some area's where the Agile falls short. First, the wood in the Gibson is a higher grade. Better mahogony, etc. The angle of the headstock on the Gibson is much sharper. Many feel that increases sustain (the Agile's do quite well, trust me). Electronics (pots, etc) are a bit better on the Gibson (unless you upgrade to the higher end Agile's). The higher end Agile's feature actual maple caps vs. a veneer. Also, I've seen some Agile's where the wood didn't run parallel to the neck. In other words, it would be a two piece body but the seam of the pieces would be angled compared to the neck.

Anyway, as mentioned, for the price, they are one of the best LP copies out there.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

I really want a 3100 Les Paul
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:50 AM

agile al 2500. Hot rodded humbucker set in it, a killer axe! go for it, aside from the low quality electronics the guitar is great! but hey for only 300 i think you can afford to replace the electronics.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM

I say go with a 3000 or higher. Nicer binding, etc. Here's the link to a spec comparison chart showing the differences between the various models.

http://www.rondomusic.net/alspec.html

Tags
gibson les paul , les paul , seymour duncan , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode