all ibanez band, wohoo! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

all ibanez band, wohoo!

i did it, i have finally converted my band to use all ibanez now (except the premier drums lol) my other guitarist just gave up his les paul to use a GRX 720, just for the time being, and as soon as he sells his LP we're gonna go get him a 7620. im so proud of them. so our selection has come down to:
RG7620GN(mine)
S470BK(singer's)
RG270DXRY(singer's)
GRX720BK (singer's)
SR506TT (temp. out of commission)(bassist's)
SR885BK(friends)
so many at my disposal now, but my true love is still my 7620.
do any of you out there have any evangelistic stories of converting someone else to ibanez?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 03:52 PM

why do you care, man?

let people play what they wanna .. of course, offering suggestions is always good .. but .. man .. a les paul to a grx? now i'm not a big gibson fan .. b..b..bbut ..

~A
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:03 PM

Tring to "convert" somebody (anybody) to what YOU like is lame. If the guy likes his Les Paul, why does it matter? The only thing lamer than converting him from his Les Paul is the fact that he's forced to use a GRX720 now. That's not cool- that's degrading.

Everybody using the same stuff...sounds like a cookie-cutter nu-metal setup.

No offense, but individuality is the only thing that makes a band worthwhile.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 06:21 PM

Get that Les Paul back...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

uh.. i was joking about converting. lol. not like im begging them to switch
the grx is the only thing he can play, its not a nice lp, its a ****y epiphone. i wouldnt tell him to switch from anything, he just wants a 7 string now. his lp can't stay in tune. sorry if you guys had an idea that i wanted him to switch fro, a $2500 lp custom to a grx. he likes the grx. so the point being HE HATES THE FRIGGIN LES PAUL!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 01:33 AM

What kind of response did you expect? When you say you've "converted" somebody away from what they're using, it doesn't sound very good. Perhaps you should put a bit more thought into the wording that you chose?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 09:28 AM

everyone has their taste.. what guitar you wear doesnt matter.. as long as you feel confortable and make some cewl noises with it 8) I love my ibanez because it feels great.. I prefer the look of a les paul but its so god damn unconfortable..
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:55 AM

I'm in an all Ibanez band at the moment too.. (although, it's only me and the bass player that use guitars.) I didn't have anything to do with converting anyone though.. that's just the way it happened.

It's coming to an end though.. our bass player is probably getting a Stingray to replace his SR406. The SR is great, but you really can't argue with the sound of a Stingray 5.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

yea, i didnt convert anyone. you guys must think im some freak that just forces people to play ibanez but they all made their own decision, i dont give a crap what they play, i just thought it was kinda cool so please dont try to make me look like a really immature guy by telling me "just let them play what they want" because i did and this is what happend.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 07:54 PM

Re: all ibanez band, wohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620
i did it, i have finally converted my band to use all ibanez now. do any of you out there have any evangelistic stories of converting someone else to ibanez?
With statements such as that, what else do you expect other than to be viewed as "immature"? It's an immature thing to say, so naturally statements such as those don't really reflect positively on he who said them.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 08:00 PM

I don't think Dylan7620's comment was all that bad. Given this is an Ibanez (Jem/Universe) website, and I think 99% of people here play Ibanez. A little comrodery is always fun.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
Quote:
i did it, i have finally converted my band to use all ibanez now. do any of you out there have any evangelistic stories of converting someone else to ibanez?
With statements such as that, what else do you expect other than to be viewed as "immature"? It's an immature thing to say, so naturally statements such as those don't really reflect positively on he who said them.
ever heard of sarcasm? of course i was totaly serious <look there's some right there
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:37 PM

Me too, I can't see why people are being so hard on him for stating an Ibanez solidarity fact on an Ibanez tribute site. What are we supposed to do, boo anybody who has a swirl or neon finish guitar? Or are we just booing the ones who don't have swirls and neon finishes?

Dylan, I appreciate what you posted, for what it's worth...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 12:44 AM

Sorry, but the following phrase is one of the least intelligent things I've seen posted on this or any other site. Period:

Quote:
do any of you out there have any evangelistic stories of converting someone else to ibanez?
How is one expected to interpret your post when there are no emoticons suggesting that you're anything BUT dead serious? That's why the little smiley faces to the left of your screen exist- to convey feeling and emotion.

For example: = best describes this thread
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 01:49 AM

Vaijem, I see what you mean and saw it from the beginning. But I don't agree with you criticising someone for sharing what he enjoys. And how can you think he is serious? Is Ibanez a religion?

I don't know how any of you do it, but when I turn someone onto something that means a lot to me, that is a small affirmation; it's a purely human thing. You can compare it with playing somebody one of your songs, then he says he likes it and wants to hear more. It's a purely human thing to share the things that bring you joy with others and see them rejoice over it too. Other than just confirming your choice, it's nice to share something that makes people happy. Everybody needs some sort of affirmation anyhow, and the only way to live healthily without any is to escape into your own head and find it there via drugs or alcohol. (insert sarcasm emoticon here!)

What should Fender do in their Frontline magazine, show people who DON'T play Fender? This is an Ibanez tribute forum, Dylan is in the right place to tell us about how friends of his also discovered the benefits we pay tribute to here.

Tags
epiphone les paul , gibson les paul , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode