Am I Late to the "Genesis" Era - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Am I Late to the "Genesis" Era

I was on the ibanez site after someone shared a video of a Japanese girl with a strangle looking prestige on a social media page.

I looked at the Ibanez japan site and was greeted with this

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/gc/index.html

Am I the only one who is massively jealous? Here we have to scrounge around for used 550s and older models, but their making them over there still. Wouldn't there be a bigger market here then over there? Maybe in wrong. That 670 with the clear finish and gold trem is calling my name. They have so many prestiges and j custom models over there. The US has like, five.

Who lives in japan and wants me to PayPal them some money so they can send one over

Why don't they send those guitars here instead if the premiums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 10:10 AM

Re: Am I Late to the "Genesis" Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle am I View Post
I was on the ibanez site after someone shared a video of a Japanese girl with a strangle looking prestige on a social media page.

Am I the only one who is massively jealous? Here we have to scrounge around for used 550s and older models, but their making them over there still. Wouldn't there be a bigger market here then over there? Maybe in wrong. That 670 with the clear finish and gold trem is calling my name. They have so many prestiges and j custom models over there. The US has like, five.

Who lives in japan and wants me to PayPal them some money so they can send one over

There a few companies in Japan that will work with US buyers. The exchange rate it pretty favorable, too. You can get any of these guitars.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:

This was a one off thing from everything I can tell for the market here.

Keep in mind, Hoshino basically ignores the market over here. That is not to say that the Japan only models suck or anything, it's that Hoshino makes NO effort to sell their goods. Go to any guitar shop and 99% of the workers there will push you towards a Strat/LP and Ibanez/Charvel/Fujigen get completely ignored. Only recently I've started to see more ads in guitar mags here for Ibanez stuff. The GCs weren't even advertised in mags either.

Also, the only real difference between the GCs and the golden era Ibbies is the neck being 3 piece vs 1 piece. Also, they aren't hand finished like they used to be. The necks feel like any prestige neck except that they have the square heel and not the AANJ (should've been AANJ imo). They are good guitars though and definitely much cheaper than a standard prestige (especially after the price hike in Feb).
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

What are the prices? I can't find then anywhere except in yen.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
What are the prices? I can't find then anywhere except in yen.
Okay, lemme put it to you this way:

When I bought my RG2550 (Last year in May): Cost was 130,000 yen (about 1300 USD). After price hike this year my rg2550 now costs around 145,000(1450 USD), and that doesnt even include the increase in consumption tax that started 5 days ago.

Genesis Collection RG550/570: 84000 yen (840 USD)
RG670 (Ash or mahogany body): 96000 (960 USD)

So if you buy a GC, you get a soft case (not a prestige hard case, but you do get the prestige tool set), the Ibanez V1/S1/V2 pups, and a Square heel neck joint prestige. For that difference in price, it's an amazing deal. Spend a little extra on aftermarket pups and you'll have everything you want. Even better if you like the V1/V2 pups, save even more money.

Problem is, DY and RFR are completely gone, cant find one anywhere. Best you'll find is Jewel Blue or a Violet Chameleon 570. I know of a place that has an Ash body 670 around though. Cant find the mahogany bodies anywhere.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Wow that's amazing. What companies sell them? I'm wondering if I should scratch buying a Jem if I can buy a newer and more unique rg
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Wow that's amazing. What companies sell them? I'm wondering if I should scratch buying a Jem if I can buy a newer and more unique rg
The only one I know of that sells overseas is Ishibashi, but I dont think they have much stock anymore. I think the one here in Nagoya still has a Jewel Blue 570 hanging around.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Problem is, DY and RFR are completely gone, cant find one anywhere.
If you want a RFR and you're okay with used I believe a forum member might have one for sale
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fs...rf-129646.html
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:35 AM

Reviews: 1

A 570 in that violet colour would do me just fine.....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 07:52 PM

I bought 2 from Japan - a DY & and a RFR. Worked out great. I paid 1K US for each shipped to my door. They came within 3 days. All and all a great experience. I did not use the company listed above. They are very similar to the RG 20th reissues.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomibanez View Post
I bought 2 from Japan - a DY & and a RFR. Worked out great. I paid 1K US for each shipped to my door. They came within 3 days. All and all a great experience. I did not use the company listed above. They are very similar to the RG 20th reissues.
The places i frequent do not sell overseas. the only place I really know that sells overseas is Ishibashi so if you know someplace else you might wanna let me know in pms as well
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 PM

I found some shops that will sell to US customers by going to the ibanez main page and clicked on japan as my country to find a dealer. Then I looked though a few shops until I found one that had some stuff in English and a link to contact them to set up the sale. It was a little work, but hey, if it was easy everyone would own one, Right?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post
I found some shops that will sell to US customers by going to the ibanez main page and clicked on japan as my country to find a dealer. Then I looked though a few shops until I found one that had some stuff in English and a link to contact them to set up the sale. It was a little work, but hey, if it was easy everyone would own one, Right?
I think more GCs made it to the US than were sold over here. You dont see a lot of Ibanez fans here

Tags
genesis , reissue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode