Andy Timmons AT 1, AT100, AT300 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Andy Timmons AT 1, AT100, AT300

So , does anyone have one of these and what are the tones like ?

How do you like it etc.

This appears to be a rare model, I was also surprised that it's $3,000. list and sells for over 2K !

This was first a Mahogany body with the 100 and 300 models and now is Alder , right?

I even read somewhere that Timmons is no longer an endorser of Ibanez, so if you guys can give me info on this model I'd appreciate it, especially if you can talk Ibanez down to about $1100.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 PM

Re: Andy Timmons AT 1, AT100, AT300

I've never been a fan of the Timmons guitar but he actually left Ibanez some years back and then returned to Ibanez in 2008. His current guitar is expensive as all hell.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM

I AM a huge fan of the AT guitars, and AT as a player. I've got the AT100 (reissue), AT300, and one of his LACS guitars. They are very different, to me, from my other Ibanez guitars, but they are DAMN nice.

The AT100 is awesome. GREAT tones, and despite being a thicker neck, it's super easy to play. The AT-1 pickup is VERY versatile, and sounds good for everything from hard rock to blues to clean sounds. I wouldn't play thrash with it, but about anything else is good. Naturally, the Cruisers also sound very tasty.

Not really expensive as hell, compared to other signature models (I'm referring to the reissues, of course). You'd pay about as much for a Jem, PGM, or EGEN. Dunno about rare, since it's a current production model. Hit up Rich Harris at Ibanezrules.com if you want one.

The AT300 is also a great guitar, though getting harder to find. Also killer tone, and easy to play. Personally I prefer the AT100 body shape over the more S-series-like AT300, but it's still a beautiful guitar. You can still find them around in the $1300-$1500 price range.

Timmons did leave Ibanez for a while, but came back when they approached him about reissuing the AT100. Thank God.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Taorama-I only heard Andy Timmons recently last year or so ,maybe 2, and was surprised at how good he is and also great tones, way different from Eric Johnson but in the same league.

The clean tones he pulls out of his guitar are very impressive, and I love how fat and rich the tones are, but you still hear the strings.

Are those tones inherent in the guitar, sounds like a good mix of thickness and purity....?

In some ways that guitar seems like it may be one of the best versions of an H-S-S Superstrat ( assuming you want to be on the way fatter side of Strat)

I have a feeling that the Cruiser Pickups might get real thin and vintagy ( to cover the thin side) with a parallel switch- the two stacked coils in parallel to each other.

Last edited by robertkoa; 02-13-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Tags
andy timmons signature

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode