Andy Timmons new signature model?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Andy Timmons new signature model??

I´ve heard that Ibanez is making a new signature model for Andy Timmons. What do you know about this? how is the new guitar (pick-ups, wood, ¿trem?,...)? and it will be a limited serie as the AT-100?
ah,...and if anybody know it, please, can you tell me these specifications about the AT-100?
THANKS
Perejil español!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 02:33 PM

From pics I've seen the one Andy is playing now looks like it's based on the SA160, but perhaps with no figured maple top, and I suspect made in Japan (v. Korea). I haven't heard about this becoming a sig model...anybody?

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SA160QM

http://www.andytimmons.com/gearframe.htm

Greg
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 08:04 AM

This is a quorte from Andy:

Hi Julio,

The guitar on Super '70s is the new signature model (looks like the SA). Same pickups as my AT100. The amp is the VHT Pitbull.

Good luck with your playing!

Andy Timmons

The pick ups are: Dimarzio custom wound HB ( similar to a SD JB) and two Dimarzio Cruisers.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 01:05 PM

Reviews: 4
Is this the same guy that's in the newer version of the Ibanez 7th Heaven video? (The one w/out John Petrucci?)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim
Is this the same guy that's in the newer version of the Ibanez 7th Heaven video? (The one w/out John Petrucci?)
If it's the vid with him playing the acoustic 7, that's him.
Greg
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 08:35 PM

"Yeah it's my second Ibanez signature guitar. This one will have a mahogany body rather than alder. It gives me a different sound with a focussed low end and tight mid range. I use the guitar on three songs on the new record" - Andy
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 01:09 PM

I never liked his guitars, and never listended to him much. Ill check some stuff out, but his guitars are butt
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 03:00 PM

I've been liking his guitars more and more. I've actually looking into buying a GRX recently.....cuz I really need a single coil axe that's not too expensive.

Andy is a FANTASTC player with a great sense of tone and control. If you haven't really listened to his stuff b4, I'd recommend going to your store and purchasing his new album, "That Was Then, This is Now." It's AWESOME!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 12:59 PM

Re: Andy Timmons new signature model??

Quote:
Originally Posted by julio
This is a quorte from Andy:

Hi Julio,

The guitar on Super '70s is the new signature model (looks like the SA). Same pickups as my AT100. The amp is the VHT Pitbull.

Good luck with your playing!

Andy Timmons

The pick ups are: Dimarzio custom wound HB ( similar to a SD JB) and two Dimarzio Cruisers.

Dimarzio's tech just told me the custom pickup is a breed bridge eq. I suspected that due to Andy's former useof the double whammy

Tags
andy timmons , breed bridge , john petrucci , mahogany body , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode