Another Beginner - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 04:06 AM

Re: Another Beginner

I think a low priced floyd is the way to go, you have to learn somewhere so if you get a good floyd you'll know how to use it. Buying a fixed will be less hastle but you'll never learn how to setup a floyd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:17 PM

It's funny, I was over at the Ibanez forum and saw this thread, post for post, pretty much.

for the music that you're into, a trem works great for the standard tuning stuff. Some of the newer metal you listed, like In Flames, tune to C, and a fixed bridge would be a lot easier to learn that stuff at first. Nevermore uses 7 strings, so they're stuff I believe is in standard, but they have that extra low B string as well. If you can afford it, do the 350MDX for standard, and an RG321 or whatever fixed bridge RG for alternate tunings.

Last edited by falkendrift; 02-13-2007 at 01:23 PM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 07:48 PM

I was going to get a new 350 but ended up going with a mint used 570 at around the same price. If you can find a nice 550/570 it is much better than a new 350, though I understand how getting a new guitar is preferable to a used one.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 09:06 PM

You can also look at the RS440, it is where all the RGs came from. They can be had for under $200, and the ProRock'r trem can be blocked very easily.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickm View Post
It's funny how everyone is saying the RG350...I absolutely LOVE that guitar! I know I shouldn't judge my purchase on looks but that is one sexy beast!
It's ok to make looks an important aspect of your purchase. If you like it's looks you'll be more inspired to play it than if you got an ugly axe. That 350 looks pretty nice.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 AM

Used RG550/570 .

Regards

André

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , fixed bridge , floyd rose , maple fret , maple fretboard , sam ash , steve morse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

which resonator for beginner
which ibanez rg for beginner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode