Another Ibanez J-custom Enquiry!! *urgent help* - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Another Ibanez J-custom Enquiry!! *urgent help*

I'm sorry about making numerous threads about a J-custom..!

I recently found out that I hadn't got my Ibanez J-custom RG8670 Certificate, after realising in a thread where someone bought a J-custom with a certificate.

So I rung back GAK [the place where i got it] about my Ibanez J-custom Certificate, and they Said they can't find it! But he said, "although, I do have some left over certificates that weren't sent out too, so you're not the only one."

The reason they didn't send some of their certificates out was because, Someone Unpacked them and seperated the certificates from the guitars, and then a different person that Packed the guitar for me, didn't put the certificate back in the guitar?! So without my certificate I coudl loose the resale value of my guitar, but I have two options:

1) Sell the guitar back to then providing they allow me to get my whole refund and buy the SAME J-custom guitar from a different dealer with the right certificate and serial number. But I have to pay an Extra 150 [ $267] because these dalers put a higher price on them than GAK.

2) My second option will be to actually ask for the Same model certificate but with a different serial number.

I'm unsure which way to go. I don't particularly want to spend extra 150 just for a certificate and a newer J-custom, although it'd be cool, although I rang a few dealers today and the only stock the Trans Violet...which i havent' seen around in stores, only the Trans blue. If I really want a Trans blue I have to spend an Extra 200?! Although My dad says that It's better to have a certificate than nothing, and the Guy at the store actually told me "well if I give you the certificate with the wrong serial number, and someone wants to buy it off you, just say the store mixed the certificates up!!!" I'm like

So I'm unsure, certificate, of sell J-custom back and buy the same J-custom with the right certificate and serial number? Thanks of who can help, I need to knwo soon because I have to ring him back on Monday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 09:48 PM

I can understand not getting the certificate makes you feel like you missed out on something, but really it's only a piece of paper. Do you play the guitar or collect it? Do you have realistic plans to sell it, or do you suppose you'll keep it forever?

Just another perspective, since I figure I play mine, rather than collect it, and I don't figure I'll be selling it, not on purpose, only if very very hard times come, and I'm forced to sell. So, if I were in your same situation, I'd be bummed out about the missing cert, but I don't think I'd be sending the guitar back for another with a certificate. But that's just me. I could see another person feeling differently about it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Vendor

When I'm buying used JC's I could care less if it has a cert or not, not all of them have it anyway. It's not like they're anniversary edition certs where there absense effects value to any degree.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 PM

it still says J custom on the headstock.. that's enough for me. i dont' even really care about that.. jsut as long as it plays well. mine already has knicks and i think i lost the certificate. oh well..it plays nice
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 06:59 AM

If it really bothered you that much then i would have thought they'd be able to take your RG8670 back and replace it for one which has a certificate for no additional cost to you.

You bought a guitar off them which you thought had everything with it (inc. certificate ) they didn't supply it, it's their problem not yours. Why should you pay the extra pennies for a mistake they made?

I'd like to have the certificate with my guitar just incase but i wouldn't really want to get another guitar after having mine for so long, surely you're attached to it by now? lol
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:23 AM

Well it all depends how much you care i guess.
With the particular j-custom i got i couldnt care less if it has a cert as i wouldnt sell it coz of how much i love the particular 8670 i have, however if i wasnt that attached to the guitar i may be more botherd and would prob be happyer to go back and have them replace the guitar for the same model but with the cert. To me it depends totaly on the guitar iteself.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

I don't collect the J-customs, So I guess it's not really a big deal then, But I certianly play it a lot and love it to bits. I'm really attacched to the guitar and It's awesome, so i guess you've all made very valid points and shouldn't really care much about a piece of paper

I don't plan on selling it at any point, as I really love playing it, it's just my dad get's worried about certain things like this [reselling it etc], and i guess his attitude rubbed off him onto me, that's why i'm asking.

But I think i won't worry as it's an awesome guiar to play, and won't sell it anyway in the future unless needed to. Thanks to all that gave their opinions

Tags
custom guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode