Another late NGD: RG7620 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Another late NGD: RG7620

I don't have any pics this second of this GORGEOUS Ibanez, but I got the itch to buy a 7 string on the cheap, found a used 7620 at Ishibashi and snagged it. It's the black metallic one, nothing unusual, but completely stock and near mint condition. I must have some insane luck to find such good condition used Ibbies or something LOL

It's also all original parts, including pups. I LOVE the Dimarzio whatever pups. I call them whatevers because it seems as though Dimarzio didn't even bother coming up with a name for them. They are the perfect 7 string pups imo.

When I get around to it, I'll post some pics of it, but needless to say I love this guitar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 01:03 PM

Re: Another late NGD: RG7620

Glad you like the stock pickups, I couldn't stand them, but hey, saves you a pickup change and you can now keep the 7620 all stock!

I think the pickups are commonly referred to as "new 7's".
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthyrian View Post
Glad you like the stock pickups, I couldn't stand them, but hey, saves you a pickup change and you can now keep the 7620 all stock!

I think the pickups are commonly referred to as "new 7's".
They are referred to as "New 7s" but that's not an official Dimarzio name for them. That's why I call them "Whatevers"
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 PM

I believe they actually ARE officially called "New 7s"

Fun factoid - they're the same pickups in the CST. I think they work a little better in mahogany than they do in basswood, but they're night and day better than the V7-7 and V8-7 you could get in the 7420.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I believe they actually ARE officially called "New 7s"

Fun factoid - they're the same pickups in the CST. I think they work a little better in mahogany than they do in basswood, but they're night and day better than the V7-7 and V8-7 you could get in the 7420.
They are amazing. I've lost my love for the AT-1 when I compare it to these New 7s.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Congrats on the guitar Mathias, is this your first 7 string? how are you liking it so far? also post some pics!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafafas View Post
Congrats on the guitar Mathias, is this your first 7 string? how are you liking it so far? also post some pics!!!
I'm really liking it, those pickups are KILLER.

Yes, it's my first 7 stringer. Good thing I chose Ibanez

I'll get to it, I only had one day off this week, due to working on Sunday (I hate work) so as soon as I get some time I will. Just super busy right now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 09:13 PM

Happy NGD Matias! I'm also keeping my eye on the Ishibashi stock but I'm surprised at the lack of old Ibanezes available here in general. Do you know why that is? I bought a slightly beaten RG570PN on Y!auctions but it needs a good fret work session.

Does it feel weird to play a 7? Does the neck feel much wider?

Rock on!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVaibes View Post
Happy NGD Matias! I'm also keeping my eye on the Ishibashi stock but I'm surprised at the lack of old Ibanezes available here in general. Do you know why that is? I bought a slightly beaten RG570PN on Y!auctions but it needs a good fret work session.

Does it feel weird to play a 7? Does the neck feel much wider?

Rock on!
I've been keeping an eye out on just about every site out there, but the 90s ibanezes have been really lacking the past couple months. There was a laser blue 5000 on yahoo auctions recently but it needs a fret job majorly. A friend of mine bought it but sold it later because of the frets. If you don't mind a little work, that would be an awesome guitar to have.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

As for playing the 7, the neck is a bit wide, and it's still a bit weird to get used to but it's an awesome guitar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode