Another New EBMM - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Another New EBMM

It came in earlier this week but I didn't get to see it until Friday. It's a brand new Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special w/ piezo bridge. I would be in my grubby little hands right now but when I took it out of the case at the store I noticed that it had finish cracks in the neck joint. Not a big deal to me at all but the guy at the store wants me to wait until Monday so he can get a hold of someone at EBMM to see what they can do about it. Whether it be a refinish or a decent discount. They're thinking that since EBMM isn't to keen on discounting that they will most likely want to re-do the body. The store owner told me that he would rather figure out a way to give me a killer discount on it. Which would be cool since I would have to wait 3 months to get it back.
Other than the finish cracks, this guitar is absolutely stunning in person! And it plays so damn good.
Anyway, enough rambling... here is what it looks like. I should have some real pics of it on Monday.

*the one pictured doesn't have the piezos*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 11:46 PM

I think I just shorted out my keyboard with drool.....

Those are great guitars - highly underrated IMO. I saw Keith Richards playing a white one with his Whino band once and it sounded great. But then again, it WAS Keith Richards.. :P
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Yeah.
It's kind of strange since I've always been a "pointy" guitar type of guy. From the first time I picked one up I've been on a quest to replace all my guitars with EBMMs.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:04 AM

Nice dude, congratz, I was actually thinking about getting one of these since they have the piezo option but they don't come with a Floyd .

Regards

André

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:27 AM

Can you say c-l-a-s-s-y-? That's gorgeous mate!

Needs a locking trem though
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelusion
Can you say c-l-a-s-s-y-?
You should see it in person. I was shocked when he case first came open. Literally everyone in the store stopped what they were doing to come check it out.

It's kind of strange since it's such a nice looking guitar. I feel a bit out of place playing it. But then again, that was one of the reasons for wanting it. One of the guys down at the store said it looked to "angelic" for me.
A floyd would be nice but they quit offering those on the Silhouettes and I kind of got tired of floyds and their kin. Besides, I gave the trem on it a fairly decent work out and it stays in tune quite well.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelusion
Can you say c-l-a-s-s-y-? That's gorgeous mate!

Needs a locking trem though
Classy indeed, looks like a 7V without the Elvisness

congrats dude, good luck on the discount
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!
It's looking more and more like it's going to be sent back. We'll see, I guess.
If it does get sent back I might be picking up an Axis Super Sport or a JP6LE instead.
Here are some actual pics of the white Silhouette, the Axis Super Sport and a body shot of one of the JP6LEs(I would probably go for the red JP6LE they have instead).
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 02:17 PM

Reviews: 1
BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, beautiful guitars have that affect on me.

Nice job BBot!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Brought it home today! I'm to afraid to play it. It looks soooooo nice! Deffinately have a new favorite guitar now! Man, I have wanted one of these for so long...

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 12:04 AM

I forgot how tempting those EBMM JPM guitars are, especially with the piezo option

I'm still tempted to add a piezo bridge to my Strat one of these days. If only for the option of telling people about my guitar with a bridge setup more expensive than the guitar itself is worth
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

The piezos on these things are sweet! Probably the best sounding I've heard. I can't wait to here the ones on my JP7 when it arrives! Especially with the low B.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 09:04 PM

i played one of those today, except with the HSH config and some odd/ugly black/grey finish. awesome guitar, best bolt on heel ive ever played.

i never realized how small they are, all of the pics make them seem regular sized.

i might have to pick one up if i can find a decent finish on one.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 11:15 AM

John Fogarty was playing a sunburst one last night on Austin City Limits. Sounded good too. It's funny how he has three guitar players in the band (including himself) but he still plays primary rhythm AND lead.... nice to be the boss....
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:17 AM

Re: Another New EBMM

Lovely. I'm not keen on white guitars but that looks just right.

The neck joint cracks aren't uncommon unfortunately. Seems to be the only EBMM weakness. They seem to have a new solution now...involving superglue

I'm currently waiting for a Luke to arrive in Carbon Blue Pearl, matching headstock and piezo. Ordered it in September but the waiting list is now 4-5 months.

And then comes the Axis in Pacific Blue Burst

Addiction is a good thing...

Tags
beautiful guitar , ebmm jpm , ernie ball , guitar players , keith richards , neck joint , piezo bridge , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode