Another Strat (My first one) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Another Strat (My first one)

Finally after many years i got my first Fender Stratocaster. Never had one, never had the desire to have one, actually never had one in my hand. Always have been a metal kind of guy, and why would i wanna touch a strat?

Now i am a couple years older, having some money left over and own some other nice guitars (Ibanez, Gibson, ESP) i got myself a strat. American made.

And have to say, hell what did i miss all this years. This is the most impressive axe i ever laid my hands on. Not that it is more playable than my others, its just way more versatile than anything else i have. Its just a plain fun guitar to play, and can play from clean to scream and anything inbetween

Just recently i got a good deal on a ESP Eclipse II, and eventhough almost twice as expensive its only half as much fun. Very hard to explain.

So why am i posting this nonsense, besides that i only seem to post nonsense and that i owe fender an apology?

Everybody out there just starting out wondering what axe to get and thinking a fender strat is not for me and only for older people who like dire straits... just pick one up and play it.Fiddle around with the controls and witness how this guitar changes, and these controls actually change the sound to something completely different, not like the pots in my Ibanez's

Guess i am just amazed and pleasantly surprised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Re: Another Strat (My first one)

It should be illegal to post messages like this WITHOUT PICS. Argh!
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 PM

Reviews: 5

I'm a longtime Ibanez player here. Just this year- I suddenly had the urge to own an acoustic and a strat. I bought a Washburn D-10 and a Sage Green Metallic Strat with a nice maple board.

I have to say that the strat fills a niche that no other guitar does as well. Warm clean sounds at the neck and shrill squawk in the bridge.

It's not the perfect guitar for me, but it's a great guitar and I'll keep it for a long time.
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 11:12 PM

Posts like this have got to stop. Before you know it, we'll have a monthly catalog mailed out to millions of guitarists, just brimming with Strats. They'll be crammed right in the front of the damn thing. Right next to the frickin' Gibsons. Our lovely Jems and RGs will be stuck somewhere in the middle, (along with the GRX and GSA) near the LTDs, B.C. Rich and Schecters. If we don't acknowledge the Strat's existence, will it cease to exist?

Crap, now I've got G.A.S.! Now I'm gonna have to fork over a bunch-o-cash and get that Jeff Beck signature Strat in surf green that I've been secretly lusting over for the past five years! There goes the family's summer vacation money. Hi, my name is Scott, and I'm a Stratoholic.

Thanks, buddy! I'm screwed.

Now post some pics already.

post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 11:59 PM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7
Posts like this have got to stop. Before you know it, we'll have a monthly catalog mailed out to millions of guitarists, just brimming with Strats. They'll be crammed right in the front of the damn thing. Right next to the frickin' Gibsons. Our lovely Jems and RGs will be stuck somewhere in the middle, (along with the GRX and GSA) near the LTDs, B.C. Rich and Schecters. If we don't acknowledge the Strat's existence, will it cease to exist?
Umm.. Musician's Friend does suck. I wish they'd carry about half of their current selection in Fenders and Gibsons and carry other brands. Do I really need to see pictures of the same Les Paul in 9 different burst finishes? The quality control varies more dramatically than the options on the guitars!
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:20 AM

Yea I wish they had more selection in Ibanez. Their catalogues are almost the same every time. I'd love a strat though. I've played a 50s reissue strat in daphne blue, I loved that thing.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:51 AM

Ok, no more Ibanez talk in this thread. I had a weak moment back there. I'm jonesin' for another Strat real bad right now.

Watch out! Here it comes.....

Ahhhhh..... The money shot!

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj
why would i wanna touch a strat?
there is a whole bunch of must-have guitars... strat, tele, superstrat, les paul, semi-hollow.

all i play these days are my ibanez's (ibaneii?) but i'd hate to let my others go, even if i can mimic them closely with another guitar.

i think there's something intangible about a different guitar style that inspires you in different directions. sometimes even just the colour. try explaining that to the wife!
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:23 AM

Everyone needs a strat of some sort! Its a must. You cant call a guitar "collection" a proper collection without a strat or two. Personally I always like to have one for those Yngwie and Clapton moments!
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Everyone needs a strat of some sort! Its a must. You cant call a guitar "collection" a proper collection without a strat or two. Personally I always like to have one for those Yngwie and Clapton moments!
YUP!!!

Regards

André

post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:36 AM

Talking Re: Another Strat (My first one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7
Ok, no more Ibanez talk in this thread. I had a weak moment back there. I'm jonesin' for another Strat real bad right now.

Watch out! Here it comes.....

Ahhhhh..... The money shot!

You got a dirty mind you know that .

Regards

André

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Does a crappy Sunburst Squier Strat count ??

I've got a lovely one somewhere that I learnt on ages ago !!
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Reviews: 120

I'm not a strat guy by any means, but my best friends father in law has a genuine 59 (I think - before some major change occured with the strats)Strat, rosewood fingerboard, three way pickup selector, all original parts, etc except for Buddy Guys signature on it.

Beautiful guitar to play. It's valued so high that at one point his home and contents insurance wouldn't cover it for theft so he slept with it just in case the house was broken in to! Great guitar to play though.

I might buy myself a strat one day, but for the meantime I'm building a custom JEM style guitar with an alder body, wizard neck, EMG 81 and 98 pups, and gotoh trem. A bit of everything in it!
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 06:43 PM

My first guitar was a strat... bought it in 98. I still have it, and have doubts that I will EVER get rid of it.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 07:59 PM

Well i just bought an RG770 but id really like to have a strat someday. Maybe a couple of years from now ill get myself a nice relic srv strat. I really love the sound of that particular strat. But its really the only one im interested in, but id also probably go for a nice telecaster because i love the twang.

Tags
alder body , beautiful guitar , candy apple red , classic strat , custom jem , eric johnson , ernie ball , fender strat , fender stratocaster , floyd rose , gold lace sensors , ibanez guitars , jeff beck , jumbo frets , lace sensor , lace sensors , leo fender , les paul , local music shop , locking tuners , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , medium frets , medium jumbo frets , mexican strat , rosewood fingerboard , signature strat , sounding guitar , squier strat , srv strat , stevie ray , strat plus , swamp ash , swamp ash body , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode