Another unknown USA Custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Another unknown USA Custom

I have a USA custom that I've had for a while. I've seen the graphic a few times, but don't know the model.

It's a leopard print front and back, with black sides. It has a shark tooth inlay neck, (rosewood board, maple neck). It has a Dual Sound (super distortion) hum in the bridge and two ibanez single coils in the middle and neck.

I know this was a common guitar. I actually have an old Ibanez catalogue with John Petrucci in it and he's got one on a stand next to him.('91-92) I think that it is an '89 or '90.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 12:00 PM

It's likely a USA Custom metal design series "Jungle Cat".

These were fabrics laid over the body (front & back) & cleared over - similar to a JEM floral patten.

I had a "Gray Snake" design, and recently saw a NOS Jungle Cat in Rochester, NY with a single humbucker, reverse headstock with a maple board. Other MDS designs included "Serpent", and "Silver Pea****".

The "Cats" were sold in 89 & 90. As with all of the USA custom design series, you could pre-order the body print, neck type, pups and pup configuration (H-H, H-S-H, etc.).
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. This guitar has been my favorite since the day I got it and never knew what it was, for sure...

Tags
dual sound , ibanez catalog , john petrucci , maple neck , reverse headstock , rosewood board , super distortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode