I'm looking for some help identifying this guitar. Getting some decent photos sent from GC along with the serial number, so once I have them I'd be happy to send them to anyone who thinks they can help me out.
I've done some pretty exhaustive research, but I can't find it in any catalog. Based on the headstock and the fact that it has a neckplate, I think it's made mid to late 80's.
Here's the specs the best I can give them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- Revolver body shape
- Quilted maple arch top, quilted maple back; It may
be a gravure
- Finish is a turquoise/black burst reminiscent of some of the 90's Ibanez S540FMs
- H/S/S pickup config
- NO SUSTAINER
- 5 way blade selector switch
- 1 volume, 1 tone, with top hat knobs
- electronics cavity routed in back of guitar
- 24 fret maple neck with rosewood fretboard and pearl dot inlays
- Maple headstock with vintage string trees (headstock is NOT Fender shaped)
- Fernandes logo denoting 86-97 year of manufacture
- Frets look to be extra jumbo (they're HUGE)
- Gold Vintage style tremolo stamped with Fernandes logo
- Gold Gotoh tuners
- Gold neck plate stamped with Fernandes Logo and "Made in Japan"