Any idea of the Model of this bass? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Any idea of the Model of this bass?

I found this forum on my search for the model of this bass, I apologize if a post like this is inappropriate.

I purchased an Ibanez bass second hand and cannot determine the model number. The serial number is GS09U086162 and says it is made in china. It is a 4 string bass with 2 humbuckers and 4 knobs. The only branding I see is Gio Soundgear but the pickup configuration does not match any of the models I can find. Is this a real Ibanez or did I get ripped off? Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180527_093553.jpg (101.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180527_093559.jpg (93.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20180527_093608.jpg (65.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Dipp; 05-27-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:43 PM

Re: Any idea of the Model of this bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipp View Post
I found this forum on my search for the model of this bass, I apologize if a post like this is inappropriate.

I purchased an Ibanez bass second hand and cannot determine the model number. The serial number is GS09U086162 and says it is made in china. It is a 4 string bass with 2 humbuckers and 4 knobs. The only branding I see is Gio Soundgear but the pickup configuration does not match any of the models I can find. Is this a real Ibanez or did I get ripped off? Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
You didn't get ripped off, however it isn't a real Ibanez, it's a Gio. It's basically a Chinese licensed copy of an Ibanez model.

Ibanez makes economical basses called Soundgear, they're a rated as solid student/giggable basses.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchrave View Post
You didn't get ripped off, however it isn't a real Ibanez, it's a Gio. It's basically a Chinese licensed copy of an Ibanez model.

Ibanez makes economical basses called Soundgear, they're a rated as solid student/giggable basses.
I bought it as a beginner/student bass so the price was right for that. Thanks for the quick response. I got scared when I couldn't find a bass with the HH pickup configuration in Ibanez's catalog.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I bought it as a beginner/student bass so the price was right for that. Thanks for the quick response. I got scared when I couldn't find a bass with the HH pickup configuration in Ibanez's catalog.
Hey, relax, 90% of tone is in the fingers, if the instrument is set up nicely it will be easy to play and you'll learn faster, take it for a professional setup or learn how to do it yourself.

You want a low action and light strings when you're learning to minimise pain and maximise gain.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey, relax, 90% of tone is in the fingers, if the instrument is set up nicely it will be easy to play and you'll learn faster, take it for a professional setup or learn how to do it yourself.

You want a low action and light strings when you're learning to minimise pain and maximise gain.
Thanks for the advice! I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.
Good for you, I only mention this because the action looks absolutely horrific from your photos. I just bet the neck is like a brutal banana.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Good for you, I only mention this because the action looks absolutely horrific from your photos. I just bet the neck is like a brutal banana.
Oh, it's like a half pipe. Absolutely awful. Fortunately, a fellow musician who is more familiar with bass than I am has offered to set it up for me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, it's like a half pipe. Absolutely awful. Fortunately, a fellow musician who is more familiar with bass than I am has offered to set it up for me.
Hahaha, half-pipe, I love it, funny stuff.

Tags
bass , gio , ibanez , model search , soundgear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode