Any info about these rare Ibanez guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Smile Any info about these rare Ibanez guitars?

I have recently heard about Ibanez RG models wich are RG680 and RG780. Does anybody know anything about these guitars since I can't find anything about them- please help. thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 07:49 PM

Re: Any info about these rare Ibanez guitars?

Misleading as hell... http://ibanezregister.com/

Last edited by The Euphor; 01-19-2007 at 07:54 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM

There you go, I own one.

production year 1995, fujigen plant, basswood body, 1 piece maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, lo-pro edge trem, aanj neck, fretboart and headstock binding, modified with dimarzio pafpro on the neck, fs-1 middle, tonezone bridge. its something like the 770 with aanj neck.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsis View Post
modified with dimarzio pafpro on the neck, fs-1 middle, tonezone bridge. its something like the 770 with aanj neck.
Great pickup combination!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 AM

There are many RG 680 models.
I owned RG 680 CM, this one with curly maple veneer top, dot inlays, quantum humbuckers.

other models:
RG 680... same with RG 780 as posted pic up there, AANJ, sharktooth, binding, and direct mounting pickups.
RG 680... ash body, transparent finish, dot..

sorry.... too lazy to post the pic.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 10:58 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
There are many RG 680 models.
I owned RG 680 CM, this one with curly maple veneer top, dot inlays, quantum humbuckers.

other models:
RG 680... same with RG 780 as posted pic up there, AANJ, sharktooth, binding, and direct mounting pickups.
RG 680... ash body, transparent finish, dot..

sorry.... too lazy to post the pic.
Way old necro........ but there's one for sale on the bay....... except the one on the bay is vastly different. I know the 780 exists (as this thread proves) but the one on the bay is a PN with a DX type mirrored pickguard?? The one on the bay shows a pic of the heel stamp with correct font, but there's no way of knowing if thats the same neck thats on the guitar for sale............. Also, the one on the bay has a V7-V8 set which would be wrong for any 7xx.

Anybody think the one on the bay is legit?? If not, what do you think it is?? I've never heard of a 750DXPN......

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Way old necro........ but there's one for sale on the bay....... except the one on the bay is vastly different. I know the 780 exists (as this thread proves) but the one on the bay is a PN with a DX type mirrored pickguard?? The one on the bay shows a pic of the heel stamp with correct font, but there's no way of knowing if thats the same neck thats on the guitar for sale............. Also, the one on the bay has a V7-V8 set which would be wrong for any 7xx.

Anybody think the one on the bay is legit?? If not, what do you think it is?? I've never heard of a 750DXPN......

yes Ryc, there are some weird Japanese stuff outhere that are not being exposed yet.
for some reason, the naming of the model are quiet confusing, for example I have seen RG 720 on the yahoo japan auction, it's a dual humbucker style RG with sharkies and binding, and yet we never found any prove of this thing ever exist, not even in the catalog.
So we would thinking, that it might be some store special order or something.
And here a Purple neon without pickguard, and sometimes it's called RG 780 or 680 too.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 AM

another one : RG 720
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Misleading as hell... http://ibanezregister.com/
Wow, silent moderation. Hopefully this mod has improved since 2007. I'm sure my original answer was better than the edited one - which says nothing...

As seen with the recent Ishibashi specials, the numbers don't make much sense, but it could be that they replaced one number with another just to not mix up spot production models and regular production models.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 12:10 PM

that purple one!?!?!?!
I can't decide if I want to play it or put ice cream on it and eat it.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the input psycho. I know many of the spot production guitars got numbering that was a little off from the production models. I'm just not sure if the one on the bay is a spot production, or a "parts-anez".

Has anyone looked at it and formed an opinion on it's legitimacy??
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Wow, silent moderation. Hopefully this mod has improved since 2007. I'm sure my original answer was better than the edited one - which says nothing...

As seen with the recent Ishibashi specials, the numbers don't make much sense, but it could be that they replaced one number with another just to not mix up spot production models and regular production models.
I know, I got all excited when I saw this thread in my search. I clicked on that link pretty much knowing that I-Register was defunct....... but there was hope.

I wish I could have seen what was in your original, unedited post.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the input psycho. I know many of the spot production guitars got numbering that was a little off from the production models. I'm just not sure if the one on the bay is a spot production, or a "parts-anez".

Has anyone looked at it and formed an opinion on it's legitimacy??
I'm not sure which one is it, care to send me the auction number?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 AM

absolutely man.....

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
absolutely man.....

I really believe it's a common RG550LTD PN.
why the neck stamped as RG 780 ?
as my previous post showed another Purple Neon with non pickguard called RG 780 in Japan.
since the 550LTD PN and 780PN share the same neck, and fujigen just too lazy to stamp it differently.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode