any neck comparable to the usrg line ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

any neck comparable to the usrg line ?

ok , i have a usrg30 and i really really like the neck and the way it plays , and so far i have never play another ibanez that had a neck close to it . I was wondering if there were any other ibanez models with the same profile neck that are a bit easier to find and buy.

thanks
jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Re: any neck comparable to the usrg line ?

no one then ?

I have never played the "ultra" profile neck . What is different about it over a wizard or wizard 2 ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 AM

The numbers say that the Ultra, JPM, or Wizard IV would be the closest to the USRG30. I have played all of those necks and compared to the USRG these supposedly similar necks feel a bit different. I actually prefer the other necks; the 3 USRG30's that I owned all had a strange almost C/V shape to the necks (basically, the neck profile tapered in a steep, very un-ibanez, way from the fretboard edge to neck; makes sense considering PBC made them). They are certainly not bad feeling necks but I prefer the Ibanez, fujigen made, 3 piece Ultra necks (well really any Ibanez neck, except for the "super wizard").
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

yeah the usrg30 neck is weird feeling, but i have gotten so use to playing it that i'd really like another. I have an rg570 that has the original wizard and it is really wierd switching between them. I was hoping to maybe trade off the rg570 for somthing that played closer to the usrg .

Findin usrgs is rather hard
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:45 PM

Finally got a chance to try a USRG30 a few days ago. Felt wierd as ever, it's more than an old strat than anything. Thank god I was never able to buy one(I'll stick with my UCEW)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

i guess it sort of feels a little strat like, maybe thats why i like the js line so much .

Anyways what neck does your ucew?

I saw an ibanez that had a really neat graphic on it, i dont remeber which one it was called but i was wondering about them as well.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:32 AM

My UCEW has an original wizard neck on it. Super wafer thin, just not big on the sharkfin Inlays. Still prefer both versions of the J-Custom necks though. Dunno what it is about them, they both feel right in my hands.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:11 AM

PBC, the manufacturer of the tension free neck used on the USRG series, is now Bunker Guitars. I contactec Dave Bunker a few years ago about getting a replacement neck for a USRG30, and he told me that the neck profile used on the USRGs was the standard profile used on all tension free necks. Go check www.bunker-guitars.com and look up his contact info.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
Finally got a chance to try a USRG30 a few days ago. Felt wierd as ever, it's more than an old strat than anything. Thank god I was never able to buy one(I'll stick with my UCEW)
If it feels like old strat then USRG30 is deffinetly for me. I just can't stop loving those old Fender C and V necks but in the other hand I love Ibanez wizard necks too, don't like Ultra necks that much.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsen
PBC, the manufacturer of the tension free neck used on the USRG series, is now Bunker Guitars. I contactec Dave Bunker a few years ago about getting a replacement neck for a USRG30, and he told me that the neck profile used on the USRGs was the standard profile used on all tension free necks. Go check www.bunker-guitars.com and look up his contact info.

hey thanks for that . I tried to call and didn't get anyone , but i did go to trekk guitars which had a link on his page and got a qoute from them. Said it would be about 245$ . Thats really the only qoute i have gotten , so i may look around some more before deciding useing trekk.

Tags
custom necks , ibanez models , ibanez neck , sharkfin inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode