Any other American Master owners still here? - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 88
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Here's my MA2, which sits in my JEM7VWH case never being used. The strings are probably more than twenty years old, lol. At one point, I must have gone overboard with the scotch-bright pad on the back, as you can see. Haha. Guess I should have just stayed on the neck with that.





mjstack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 666
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstack View Post
Here's my MA2, which sits in my JEM7VWH case never being used. The strings are probably more than twenty years old, lol. At one point, I must have gone overboard with the scotch-bright pad on the back, as you can see. Haha. Guess I should have just stayed on the neck with that.





Nice!
DaylightDies is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 666
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Since we've got some images going in the thread, may as well show my baby off. She actually has a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups installed now, but out of the hundred or so Ibanez I've owned over the years, including Jems, J-Customs, Prestige, and golden era 700 series, this one is hands down the best playing and sounding of any I've ever played. It'll go to the grave with me.

I love the inlays on these so much I've had them duplicated for a couple of custom builds I have in the works. Classiest inlays ever IMO.







DaylightDies is offline  
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:00 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 88
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
Since we've got some images going in the thread, may as well show my baby off. She actually has a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups installed now, but out of the hundred or so Ibanez I've owned over the years, including Jems, J-Customs, Prestige, and golden era 700 series, this one is hands down the best playing and sounding of any I've ever played. It'll go to the grave with me.

I love the inlays on these so much I've had them duplicated for a couple of custom builds I have in the works. Classiest inlays ever IMO.
Nice guitar for sure. The best thing about the American Master guitars is how easy it is to use the higher frets. Other than that, I actually prefer the JEM7V.
mjstack is offline  
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:39 PM
 
metalhead52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 787
Reviews: 1
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Agreed on the inlays. Unusual for an Ibanez but love them as well. Have the same ones on my UCEW.

jono likes this.
metalhead52 is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 666
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead52 View Post
Agreed on the inlays. Unusual for an Ibanez but love them as well. Have the same ones on my UCEW.

Nice! They're the same inlays as my 82 AR300 as well. I think they originated on the higher end Artist series back in the day.
DaylightDies is offline  
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Agree on the inlays they one best looking features on the guitar.
MetalChris is offline  
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 09:03 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: michigan
Posts: 169
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

oooh look what i found on reverb https://reverb.com/item/10406478-iba...ah3-1990-black

3 grand is ridiculous but they just don't come up for sale that often
LACS-plus is offline  
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,074
Reviews: 1
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACS-plus View Post
oooh look what i found on reverb https://reverb.com/item/10406478-iba...ah3-1990-black

3 grand is ridiculous but they just don't come up for sale that often
Supply and demand and all that
jono is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 08:24 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 119
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

You`ll never find a American Master in good condition under 2000 $.

They are the holy grail of all Ibanez USA guitars. Only 80 were made (together both models) by R.A.Gresco, the customers had to wait 1 1/2 years from order to delivery, they are ultra rare.
DirkS is offline  
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 08:38 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 88
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkS View Post
You`ll never find a American Master in good condition under 2000 $.

They are the holy grail of all Ibanez USA guitars. Only 80 were made (together both models) by R.A.Gresco, the customers had to wait 1 1/2 years from order to delivery, they are ultra rare.
When I got mine, I remember I didn't have to wait for it. It was around 1990 or so, and it was just sitting there hanging in the small, local music store. At the time, I had no idea what the guitar was, where it was made, or how rare it might be. I just knew that when I played it, I liked it very much.
mjstack is offline  
Reply

Tags
american master

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LF: Ibanez American Master bryanarzaga Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 10-01-2010 04:40 PM
American Master MAB4FM vonschnappi All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 2 05-27-2010 04:50 AM
wtb/wtt jem, pgm, american, master, jpm, and prestige RRAShred Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 02-19-2007 10:48 PM
FT: American Master for JC8527 or WHY Jem7RB MK Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 9 04-01-2006 02:29 PM
AMERICAN MASTER IBANEZ-DANIEL All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 12 02-16-2003 08:58 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome