Any thoughts on the new VAI EP9 accoustic? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Any thoughts on the new VAI EP9 accoustic?

I think it would look great on the wall between my Jems, three vines ahhh! just haven't had a chance to see one in person or play it. Anyone see it or play it yet?
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=EP9

Last edited by Moibanez; 11-16-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 10:13 AM

Re: Any thoughts on the new VAI EP9 accoustic?

There's been a poll about the euphoria's a while back. Judging by the poll, most people prefer the EP7 over the EP9, when it comes to how it looks. As to how it plays, I have no idea. Anyways, you could check it out the poll I referred to here: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53637.

Kind regards,
Myst and rain

Last edited by Myst and rain; 11-16-2006 at 10:14 AM. Reason: I forgot something.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Myst, I'll check it out.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:33 AM

No thanks, Moibanez.

Kind regards,
Myst and rain
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 PM

i want an EP9 bad haha. Not an EP7 fan honestly. Can't wait to play them though.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 05:58 PM

I never joined the EP debates (far as I can remember) I finally played one yesterday and it was typical China mediocrity. I've played better Chinese product, including those $700 Flamed Maple Jazzboxes Ibanez is making. This really should be a $699 guitar. There's nothing advantageous about it. The satin finish is anything but "resonant" etc. It's just a standard satin finish, just like the $400 guitars. The attempts at "fancy" appointments are in no way worthy of the price tag. This one was heavily discounted, and still not worth it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:50 PM

The EP7 was (in my opinion) one of the worst sounding acoustics I ever heard in any price range. It looked nice but sounded like it was made out of wet cardboard. Still havent checked out an EP9, but after checking out the 7 I'm in no hurry to try it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 PM

I played an EP9, and while I never played the EP7, the EP9 I played was a damn good guitar. The sound is pretty balanced, I'd say compared to an D-28 (or my D-Eighteen (won't let me type the number) the bass was much more rounded out rather than thumping, with good mids and very nice trebles. The neck is actually very nice and it's actually one of the few acoustics I've played that I can shred on much like an electric (which I wouldn't want to do on say my D-18 anyway, but it can be a nice bonus). The sound when fingerpicking makes every note stand out, doesn't sound like a mush like other guitars I've played.

However, it's still a little hard for me to pay $1200 when I know being Chinese built they're probably making LOTS of money off of my sale...and I'm sure the quality isn't consistent, so the floor one I played could've been a really good one of the 50 or so stock the GC might have had, I can't be sure.

Looks great though, it will defiinitely turn an eye, but I'm not sure if that can justify the $1200 street price.

Last edited by Drow Swordsman; 11-16-2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Gave a smiley when I wrote D- 18 close together ;)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I was about to trade my Taylor 414ce for an ep9, just for the vine, to go between my 2 Jems. But if it is garbage than i'll stick with the Taylor................... thanks for saving me once again!! you folks at Jemsite are worth a million bucks to me...............
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 PM

Nah I wouldn't get rid of the Taylor 414CE, I'm sure you'd be dissapointed because even with the really good EP9's - they're just different guitars. I'd just save up my spare cash and try to get a used for $600-800 or so if I were you(but probably only if you really trust the seller of have played it yourself).

Tags
flamed maple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to re-string a 12 string accoustic
how to lower accoustic guitat action

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode