Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Anybody have a pic of a Violet Pearl RG750?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Robotechnology 
#1 ·
Hello all, first post here. I used to own an RG750 but, I sold it (it just didn't "do" it for me like some other Ibanez models). However, I'll always remember the look and the color of that guitar. Anybody have a pic of one of these? I would love to have pics of it on my computer.

#2 ·
You mean the VP that doesn't have any Violet in it? :lol:
(sorry, this is a pet-peev of mine, there's no violet in that finish, but somehow 'Heather Pearl' is pink-violet, silly catalogs. I call mine HP because I got tired of telling people why it has no violet)

There's a couple of shots on these pages, but it's far from stock anymore.. :D

http://www.marua.com/toshiro/myguitars.htm
http://www.marua.com/toshiro/mygear2.htm

#3 ·
Robotechnology said:
Hello all, first post here. I used to own an RG750 but, I sold it (it just didn't "do" it for me like some other Ibanez models). However, I'll always remember the look and the color of that guitar. Anybody have a pic of one of these? I would love to have pics of it on my computer.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but i have an irridescent purple rg550 that might be called 'violet pearl'. It's a '92

This guitar never ceases to amaze me with its colors. It can look two completely diferent shades of purple/blue/pink in the same photo, depending on how the light hits it.

~K

#6 ·
Robotechnology said:
nice pickguard on yours toshiro... kennydoe nice color not VP though, violet pearl is like a cross between light blue and grey with some faint purple in it too.
Thanks... I have yet to find any purple in though, of course 16 years will fade a finish.. :D

I put those purple dimarzios in there, hoping to bring out some sign of that color in the finish, and got nothing...

Then I was browsing Rich's Catalog scans and saw this:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1989/rg7.jpg

Now, you tell me, why on earth would they call that pink-violet thing 'Heather Pearl'? Heather is grey for crying out loud! lol :D

BTW, has anyone ever even seen the wireless-equiped RG7xx guitars mentioned on that catalog page?

#7 ·
bachle7 said:
toshiro, your 760JB looks way better than the new Jem7VSBL! That's simply incredible.
Thanks, I love that guitar.. It's definitely the best looking of the ones I have...

Always wanted a Jewel Blue RG, my ex-girlfriend had a '93 RG470 in that finish and I used to drool on it... lol Then a 760 comes up on ebay for cheap, so I snagged it... Debated routing out the neck for a humbucker, then though about a pickguard.. Ended up emailing EKG for the 'guard and rod cover, and there you have it..

If they had went darker with the JEM7VSBL, or even just re-issued the JB finish on it, I think it would sell better.. As it is though, that's the only JEM outside the BFP, that I ever thought about seriously buying... Of course, I like the bound necks on the RG7xxs a lot more, and that RG760 was considerably easier on the wallet.. :D

#9 ·
pinto79, first you have to upload the pic somewhere on the web (try photoisland.com or whoever). Then, once you have the url for the uploaded pic, reply here and stick it in between the bracketed img codes, for ex:
It should then show up.

I also just happened to see a REALLY clean one on eBay. I love that darn color!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.