Anyone checked out the Schecter ZV special - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Anyone checked out the Schecter ZV special

My son is considering a new guitar, weve looked at either a les paul or He likes the shecter ZV special. I have to say for the specs, it is alot better than the gibson, just doesnt have the name. He already has a custom RG with a floyd and EMG's, he wanted a versatile hardtail, With seymour duncan JB's, a tone pros bridge, set neck, mahogany body, grover tuners, it seems to be better equipped than the 1300.00 les paul studio, for around 770.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: Anyone checked out the Schecter ZV special

I think the guitar looks a little trendy and you can also look at Fernandes, they make decent instruments as well if you're looking for something similar to this but more traditional...

And you can get specials on Les Pauls as well if you ask wait for upcoming deals...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrendel View Post
I think the guitar looks a little trendy and you can also look at Fernandes, they make decent instruments as well if you're looking for something similar to this but more traditional...

And you can get specials on Les Pauls as well if you ask wait for upcoming deals...
true that, or look into the edwards axes. sure you would have to import it, but it would be an awesome LP clone. the les paul BFG is a great beater versatile axe. looks mean, is no frills and has killer reviews. if it weren';t for the fact that i am very hesistant on anything with gibson on the headstock, i would've already jumped on it(well, if it had a 60's neck, it would've already been in the collection).

rich
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:24 PM

If he normally plays an RG, he definitely should try playing on it first. Schecter necks are very different from Ibanez.

Those features are pretty easy to find, so I would at least keep an eye out for other things (like Edwards as mentioned before).

I like the C-1 Classic better than the Schecter set necks. About the same price new, looks much better, and it sounds really good.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 04:07 PM

My first thought was "Louis Vuitton."
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

I tried to tell him 10 years from now, hes gonna be stuck with a guitar with some has beens initals all over it. But its hard to get through to kids !!!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customrg470 View Post
I tried to tell him 10 years from now, hes gonna be stuck with a guitar with some has beens initals all over it. But its hard to get through to kids !!!!!

I don't have idea who that Zacky V-sth is

so if I were You I would try harder to convience him to Your statement
unless he actually plays it and it will be IT, but I doubt it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzul View Post
I don't have idea who that Zacky V-sth is

so if I were You I would try harder to convience him to Your statement
unless he actually plays it and it will be IT, but I doubt it.
zacky vengance from avenged sevenfold.

rich
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customrg470 View Post
I tried to tell him 10 years from now, hes gonna be stuck with a guitar with some has beens initals on it. And even a handle !!!!!
You never know...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
zacky vengance from avenged sevenfold.

rich
I read this from guitar's photo but it didn't help me)

if he is so into that Schecter and propably into this band maybe this one would be better idea plus he can paint that white "1" and sell it as ultimate deathmetal axe in future
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:41 PM

again hard to tell kids, but the LP will hold it's value a lot better than a schecter.

ps: yikes what an ugly guitar!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 PM

Indeed. Pure ugly.

Tags
grover tuners , les paul , les paul studio , les pauls , mahogany body , seymour duncan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode