Anyone else have a S620EXQM? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else have a S620EXQM?

I have been on a guitar buying frenzy over the last few weeks/months. I currently own an 89 RG760 (my pride and joy that I have had since new), an SZ720, A 2003 Jem ebony fret board w/Edge Pro trem, a Prestige 1570 (been my primary for the last year), a fantastic SDGR bass, a PF5 electric acoustic, and then most recently this S620 which was essentially new.

I don't know what exactly it is about this 620 but I LOVE it. I bought it with the intention of taking it apart and having some pro level custom air brushing done to it but I like the thing so much I don't want to take it apart! I'm afraid I'll never get it back together right.

Funny thing is, I had a 470 earlier this year (02 model) and it was just OK. So just OK that I sold it about 2 months later. It's lightening fast, even more so than any of the others that I have.

I never expected to like it this much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM

Re: Anyone else have a S620EXQM?

Got one right here, got a Blem for a steal from a website (gear sites are censored?). Didn't like it too too much at first, and the stock EMG Select pickups are quite literally THE worst sounding stock pups I've ever played. Also, my volume knobs has went from cosmo black to straight chrome colored. I swapped the vol/tone so hopefully the tone knob will now turn chrome again so they'll match.

That being said, I'm LOVING the neck and the tremolo on it. It's nice to have a good strat shape again too, nice and easy to play sitting down while watching TV. I adore that quilted finish, I'm guessing it's a veneer right? Tone is very warm, I'm running a Super Distortion in there right now, but it's going out for something better when I have the green.

Tags
s620

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode