Anyone else waiting on a JIVA? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else waiting on a JIVA?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group... just wanted to check in to see if anyone else has ordered the JIVA? I put a down payment on one this past Friday, now waiting patiently for the big day!
mike570 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 04:26 PM

Reviews: 21
Re: Anyone else waiting on a JIVA?

It looks cool but S bodies aren't really my thing. The pickups seem cool. I like how they look but they have a lot of midrange. What's with the trend on midrange these days? The Gravity Storms are heavy midrange too.
Now if she released this then we'd certainly be talking.

jono likes this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 PM

Holy [email protected]*&, that LPRG is bananas, lol. Not sure if it's hyper-blasphemous or if i really wanna try it...
jono likes this.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 04:35 AM

Wow, I like it... very unusual! I'd buy that!

'87
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathus View Post
Holy [email protected]*&, that LPRG is bananas, lol. Not sure if it's hyper-blasphemous or if i really wanna try it...
I feel like it only exists because they really wanted her to play a Les Paul.

Gear:
RG 2550 w/ evo2 breed neck
SZ520 paf pro neck stock bridge
RG920 Premium
Jem7V-WH
Marshall Haze 15
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 03:36 PM

Three humbuckers, a 5-way, and lone volume? That would be a fun wiring job... What model did it start out as?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 09:37 PM

I am waiting on a used JIVA10 fwiw
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 04:51 AM

I'm a big S Series fan and really like the look of the Jiva. However, I'm also tempted by the S1070PBZ. I'd have to try both before making a final decision but with the 'right' burled top and the Stainless Frets, the S10170 could swing it...

Hope you get your Jiva soon and give us a full report!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePedroDB View Post
I'm a big S Series fan and really like the look of the Jiva. However, I'm also tempted by the S1070PBZ. I'd have to try both before making a final decision but with the 'right' burled top and the Stainless Frets, the S10170 could swing it...

Hope you get your Jiva soon and give us a full report!
I bought the S10170PBZ with a really nice burl top (some aren't that great). The only thing I'm less crazy about is the matte neck. I prefer glossier necks. But, it plays well, the pickups sounds really good and the stainless frets are smooth as butter when bending.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbaNose View Post
I'm less crazy about is the matte neck. I prefer glossier necks
You could always try what I do with all my unfinished guitar necks. Polish the back of the neck using 2500 grit wet'n'dry sandpaper and using Lemon Oil as 'lube'. A little bit of time spent works wonders and the result is a glassy smooth natural wood finish. Even the Bubinga stripe in my JS24P is now delicious to the touch..

Glad you like your S1070. Some of those Burled Tops are spectacular!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
You could always try what I do with all my unfinished guitar necks. Polish the back of the neck using 2500 grit wet'n'dry sandpaper and using Lemon Oil as 'lube'. A little bit of time spent works wonders and the result is a glassy smooth natural wood finish. Even the Bubinga stripe in my JS24P is now delicious to the touch..

Glad you like your S1070. Some of those Burled Tops are spectacular!
Thanks. Yeah, I've been slowly polishing it with Tung Oil. Will now need to sand it a bit as you mentioned.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 05:29 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
You could always try what I do with all my unfinished guitar necks. Polish the back of the neck using 2500 grit wet'n'dry sandpaper and using Lemon Oil as 'lube'.
If you want a nice broke-in feel instead of a "smooth as glass" finish, try 250 grit with tung oil. I did my 540P, oz fox replica and my kramer beretta necks that way and they feel the best out of all my guitars.
IbaNose likes this.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl2556 View Post
If you want a nice broke-in feel instead of a "smooth as glass" finish, try 250 grit with tung oil. I did my 540P, oz fox replica and my kramer beretta necks that way and they feel the best out of all my guitars.

I would agree here... I can't remember the exact grit, but after taking the gloss finish off my old Roadstar neck I finished with 320 or so... then just rubbed some Minwax oil into it. Amazingly smooth and playable, not tacky like a glossy finish can be.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I think I should have it in my hands by mid september
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandros View Post
Thanks! I think I should have it in my hands by mid september

I’ll be anxious to hear what you think. I think it’s a gorgeous guitar, and I’m interested, but I have a slight aversion to paying $1500 for an Edge Zero II when I have a guitar I bought for $299 brand new (RG350MZYE) with the same trem.

It’s a perfectly serviceable trem (I have three of them total) but this guitar, like Woody and BFP2, creeps into what I think should be OE price range.

Tags
ibanez , jiva , nita strauss , s series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode