Anyone has an Ibanez solution for a Lefty? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Anyone has an Ibanez solution for a Lefty?

Hello guys,

my first post here. I have always admired the Ibanezes, but unfortunetely, they discriminate with us lefties as well. At least that's what I think at the time of posting.

Here is what I'm looking for. A LEFT HANDED RG(H/S/H) or (H/H) with a Sharktooth, or the Iceburg inlays. Has there ever been an RG like that, or perhaps maybe I can get the neck from somewhere, which wouldn't cost me a fortune. Oh yeah, one last thing, the neck I'm looking for should be the Wizard I or the Wizrad Prestiege profile, like the one on the 1570L. Not the Wizard II or any other, thicker profiles. Thanks for reading guys, and thanks for replying in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 03:58 AM

Welcome to the forum !

I'm a lefty to ! To answer your question. I can't remember ever seeing a lefty with sharktooth inlays (those are the RG7xx series). The best thing you can get as a lefty (in terms of cash) from Ibanez is a used RG550L or RG570L. Plus they have the good trem on them i.e. Lo Pro Edge and they have Wizard necks on them (not Wizard II). But if you want a new one then the RG1570L is a good choice too. I got lucky on Ebay a few months ago and got me a RG1077XL (lefty) from an Ibanez endorsee that was selling it !

Regards

André

Last edited by fettouhi; 01-19-2005 at 07:47 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 04:43 AM

Re: Anyone has an Ibanez solution for a Lefty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFragger
my first post here. I have always admired the Ibanezes, but unfortunately, they discriminate with us lefties as well.
Welcome to the forum. What you're experiencing now is the result of bad judgement when you started playing. A lefthanded guitar is like a lefthanded violin or saxophone...those are usually greeted with WTF
I believe lefties should be banned from stores to avoid disappointment later. I'm happy I made the right decision at the time, otherwise my only option would have been a lefty Jem Jr.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply guys. Andre, thanks for the suggestions man, but I'm already aware of those models. Its just that when I look at those people with the sharktooths, they look real nice, and thought that maybe Ibanez might have done something for the lefties as well, sort of like what Jackson does, to some degree.

BTW, how about putting one of the righty necks on the left RG? Would that work. Finally, you said you have an RG something XL? What does that mean? Got any pics or something? How is it different from other RGs?

Any other replies will be appreciated as well, guys. Thank you!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 05:02 PM

XL means "Extended Length" or "Extra Long"... it's the designator Ibanez uses for their guitars that have 27" scale length.

You could also get a full custom guitar if your budget allows it. That's the easiest way to get exactly what you want.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply guys. Andre, thanks for the suggestions man, but I'm already aware of those models. Its just that when I look at those people with the sharktooths, they look real nice, and thought that maybe Ibanez might have done something for the lefties as well, sort of like what Jackson does, to some degree.

BTW, how about putting one of the righty necks on the left RG? Would that work. Finally, you said you have an RG something XL? What does that mean? Got any pics or something? How is it different from other RGs?

Any other replies will be appreciated as well, guys. Thank you!
Glad I could help a bit. The thing with putting a righty neck on a lefty guitar isn't really possible because of the heel is different. In the end the neck would require heavy modding and probably be less stable. Darren's suggestion getting a custom is probably the best idea IF you have that kind of a budget! You can see my lefty collection here

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=35249

Plus the custom I'm getting from LGM!

If you want sharktooth inlays you could get a Jackson or get a used RG550 and have LGM put in new inlays/fretboard.

Regards

André

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Again, thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunetly, custom is something that is out of my reach, however thanks for the idea. I totally forgot about the Ibanez heels. I guess that's one more thing that you can do on Jacksons, and not Ibanez, that is, swap a neck with a different hand guitar. I'm sorry, I really don't mean to compare the two companies, they both rock, but it is also quite inevitable not to .

Anyway, that is one sweet collection of guitars, Andre bro. You are definately one of the luckiest lefty's I know. I mean a lefty 7 string, AND EVH , WOW!. Congrats man! BTW, just to confirm is, no company makes off the shelf left 7 strings, right? Especially, 24 frets? Thanks again everyone for posting in this thread!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 03:08 AM

I believe there was an RG7420L model at one point, could be wrong though.

The old heal is like a fender strat heel, so if you get an old(before 1994) RG550L or RG570L leftly you could put a right-handed RG7xx neck on it and get a guitar with 'teeth inlays and a reverse headstock... Have the headstock refinished and no one would ever know... heh
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Again, thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunetly, custom is something that is out of my reach, however thanks for the idea. I totally forgot about the Ibanez heels. I guess that's one more thing that you can do on Jacksons, and not Ibanez, that is, swap a neck with a different hand guitar. I'm sorry, I really don't mean to compare the two companies, they both rock, but it is also quite inevitable not to .

Anyway, that is one sweet collection of guitars, Andre bro. You are definately one of the luckiest lefty's I know. I mean a lefty 7 string, AND EVH , WOW!. Congrats man! BTW, just to confirm is, no company makes off the shelf left 7 strings, right? Especially, 24 frets? Thanks again everyone for posting in this thread!
I just checked out Schecter they have a few 7 string guitar are available as lefties. For example the Omen 7 and the retail price isn't that bad.

Regards

André

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Well thanks a lot bro! For all the info and input. Take care.

Tags
custom guitar , fender strat , pro edge , reverse headstock , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode