Anyone have experience with Schetcer Exotic Star? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Anyone have experience with Schetcer Exotic Star?

I'm just days away from ordering one for my daughter. She has her heart set on a Schecter. After reading the specs on the Exotic Star C-1, I'm pretty stoked about it myself.

24 fret Ebony fretboard, mehogony, body with maple cap and with coil tap. Sounds pretty sweet to me. She's 13 and playes pretty good for just a year. She loves Petrucci, Satch , Vai etc and will be one of the the rare shredder chicks in a few years. She's has my Prestige to play, and like it's. But really doesn't want or need a trem, and Ibanez's tremless guitars are limited, and she doesn't dig any of them.

So my question is, has anyone played the C-1 Exotic Star

[img]http://www.guitarhotline.com/****_schecter/exoticstar_2.jpg[/img]

Construction: Set-Neck W / Ultra Access

Scale: 25 ½”

Body: Mahogany W / Quilted Maple Top

Neck: 3-Piece Mahogany

Fingerboard: Ebony

Frets: 24 Jumbo

Inlays: Dual-Ply “Nautical Star”

Pickups: Schecter SuperRock II W / Matching Pickup Covers

Electronics: Volume, Volume, Tone (Coil Tap) 3-Way Switch

Bridge: TonePros TOM

Binding: Vintage White

Tuners: Grover

Hardware: Black Chrome

Color: Snow Leppard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 12:03 PM

Re: Anyone have experience with Schetcer Exotic Star?

They are good, im assuming from the normal C-1s I played, play very much like a 24 fret Ibanez SZ520, which is a great thing. One thing tho, the neck is kinda big for ultimate "shredding".. Of course its not a big issue to some people, but if she has small hands like me then it might be better to go for something with a fast thin neck.

If she wants it tho, you shouldnt get her something she wouldnt want. but just try to find these certain models anywhere if you can and get her to try them out, afterall playability is the main importance in guitars, these might fit her needs better for "shredding"..

BUT.. when you like how a guitar looks, its kinda subliminal to you that it plays better too.. so id say 90% chance you should get her that if she likes it.. Just she would have an easier time shredding on something like below most likely.. wizard necks + extra jumbo frets = godliness.

Jackson USA models, KE-2 and KV-1 and Soloists have great fast necks.. find one used online after you try it out in stores maybe, can get one for $800 used sometimes.

Ibanez RGT's are amazing.. Its my only 6er left and it plays great.

ESP LTD guitars are really nice too

Tags
coil tap , ebony fretboard , ibanez rgt , jumbo frets , pickup cover , quilted maple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

extremly exotic and rare types of wood
ibanez art star when made

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode