Anyone have news on the Jackson Jason becker signature model - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:10 PM

Re: Anyone have news on the Jackson Jason becker signature model

You really should play it - I'd have to think Jason himself would absolutely want you too. Of all the guitars in the world to let sit silent, and on purpose no less......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:27 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Anyone have news on the Jackson Jason becker signature model

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
You really should play it - I'd have to think Jason himself would absolutely want you too. Of all the guitars in the world to let sit silent, and on purpose no less......
I agree with you...I play mine, but only at home though. I have used it when playing with my son on a few occasions...It's an absolute wonderful guitar!!
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Talking Re: Anyone have news on the Jackson Jason becker signature model

i totally agree with you guys. i should have said i RARELY ever take it out of the case, i take it out every now and then (i mean so sparingly that it doesnt count, its usually just to love looking at it or to show it off to someone and tell them how cool the story behind it was) for the following reason...that is, if u wanna hear a pretty amazing and unbeleivable story, and this really happened:

i got the becker guitar for my birthday last year, just a few days before the actual day, it was ordered and took about a month or so to build, remember these are really customs. since im in NYC i picked it up in LI (tiny shop btw, cool guys too)....in the meanwhile, my girlfriend got in touch with jason via emails and phone calls (thru his father pat). she had a surprise to go along with the guitar (the guitar itself was really 3/4 paid by my awesome parents who scrimped and saved for the majority and my girl chipped in a bit but anyway), the icing in the cake if u will....

she arranged for him to call me as part of my birthday present, along with jason sending me 2 signed vintage guitar picks and an old stock photo he autographed from his earlier years!

i mean i was blown away (again, literally cuz of my bday party festivities n spirits lol) which must have made me seem like an idiot on the phone cuz i was in total shock. could you imagine?

jason talked thru pat and he was so cool, he had the signed stuff arive on my bday exactly....but man, that birthday ill never forget: the coolest axe, cuz im totally the biggest fan of wood grain finishes, with neon color accents all over, a unique headstock, and electronic setup, with of course, the personal call and letter from jason. really, i didnt know what to say to him, im sure u guys could understand...all i kept sayin was "man ur like such an inspiriation, and a genius, thanks so much for takin the time out for me" like i kept repeatin that with thank yous, now that i think about it, im quite embarrassed about my composure. i mean i got my hero on the phone and all i could do is mumble generic bull****, but then again, i blame the party favors nah, starstruck with such love surroundin me and what a beautiful thing it was

jasons my fave, i mean no one compares, and if ur not really into his playing and composition style, just think of how laborious it is for him to still create orchestral music in his state (as someone said), like guitarists with his technical ability in his prime cant do it still.....i mean im the godam OP , when did i start this thread like 5 years ago or something. it was simply a dream come true, and ill always remember that bday fondly, probably the greatest of my life...

and Jason if your reading this: call me up sometime man, id love to talk to you again, and without my nonsensical verbiage, ur my hero dude and now a friend (well at least aquaintance/party crasher lol)

peace
post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

its been a while again and no one ever replied

jason got in touch with me the bday after (tho no present this time lol)

what a great guy, and cool guitar
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM

sounds like a real nice fella,Enjoy that guitar,there can't be many around.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

no there arent actually, i think. the collector value n price tag probably made this go from 1.5 grand to over 3g i hope (doubling) since it never leaves its HSC

but ill never sell it, its practically from jason, priceless guitar and sentimentality/memories
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 09:41 PM

Reviews: 19

Cool story!
3 thread resurrections!
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks man
at least i didnt bring em back from the dead without a cool lil twist/endin tho right?

i know i know, still......

but what happened was i didnt log in for a couple years, saw a bunch of review requests in my inbox, logged in, and just kinda picked up the last place i remember leavin off, at least that had some "coolness" about it

ever played one btw?

edit: i was wrong, its worth 5k now, nice....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-USA-...item256b9e31a7

Last edited by WYLD STALLYNS; 01-21-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: edit: i was wrong, its worth $5000 now apparently 160719319463?pt=Guitar&hash=item256b9e31a7
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 AM

Reviews: 19

Never played one-do like the look of them though. Always thought JB was an awesome player!
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 02:51 PM

Hi, do you have an idea of the matching between the pickups and the pickup selector ? I mean which position (1-5) on the selector activates which pickup ? I'm currently building a guitar and I'would like it to sound like this JB signature model. I hope you will be able to answer my question, it would help me a lot. Thanks
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 01:32 PM

Wow, I think this might win the award for most thread resurrections...
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM

awesome thread. I had to go back and read most of it again
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Rab

Beautiful machine....

Tags
jason becker , leo fender , les paul , maple fret , maple fretboard , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode