Anyone have news on the Jackson Jason becker signature model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Anyone have news on the Jackson Jason becker signature model

hey dudes,
well since the jackson forum is almost as bad as ESP's, i was wondering if you jackson fans here know anything about the Jason becker model that is coming out?

when is it coming out? do you have to get on a list? if someone could ask a moderator there or ask kevin easton, id appreciated it, i cant log in over there and if u post about it you get flamed.

Jason is my favorite and he has the only signature guitar id buy now (that or the n4, or kotzens frankenstein ibanez which i am still lookin for to buy)

thanks,
see ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 07:58 PM

No real news on it yet.

The only thing I know is that it's based on his Peavey (the white guitar with the colored number inlays). No pics have been posted...no release date...but it's gonna be a limited run I'm almost sure.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 08:18 PM

when did jason use a jackson?
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 09:23 PM

He didn't but he is using Jackson to make a replica of his Peavey guitar.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 09:48 PM

i suppose this will help him get some money, which i understandd he needs a lot, but this is total bulls-.- a signature guitar of a man who sadly won't play guitar anymore, by a brand he never played? come on! i would understand a peavey JB 'tribute' guitar or something, but this is just lame
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 12:19 AM

if carvin had taken up the project to replicate that 'numbered' maple fretboard model, i'll be interested...
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 12:38 AM

Come on now! Who cares who is making the guitar! Mr. Becker is getting recognition for what he has contributed to guitar. And that my friend's is long over due. I also think that it is great Jackson is doing this because they are a great company and highly respected. If I had money I would surely buy one.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
i suppose this will help him get some money, which i understandd he needs a lot, but this is total bulls-.- a signature guitar of a man who sadly won't play guitar anymore, by a brand he never played? come on! i would understand a peavey JB 'tribute' guitar or something, but this is just lame
Am I mistaken when I say that Leo Fender never knew how to play guitar?
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 05:50 AM

yeah really caprile, what the hell are you talkin about? your post makes no sense whatsoever.

first of all, whos to say he wont play again? last time i checked, God hasnt posted on jemsite(....yet, but im sure hes proud Glen )

secondly, im glad jackson is doing it so we know that the best guitar company is making this guitar. go head polaris lets hear some more redundancy(why is captain ron continuing to post here since he obviously hates ibanez....i dont hate ibanez, i love ibanez, i just know that jackson is the best company....crafstmanship, value, especially for the money)

and given to fly said it very well. i just wanna add, if any guitarist on earth deserves a signature guitar, its jason becker, regaurdless of the timing or company or whatever else there is to say.

and id like to know more about this too, good subject.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 08:57 AM

Hey,
Correct, if anyone deserves their own model for production lomited or not, its Jason Becker. I wish carvin would replicate his old 80's axes, the Hurricanes. Becker continues to contribute to the musical community. His current work is still great. It's not as guitar filled, but its really well done. Second, the fact that he continues living is a milestone on its on. Doctors gave me him 3 years max...its what 12 now?? Who has lived 12 years with ALS ????? There are plans still ahead for Jason, or he would be done by now. Just my thoughts. Anyways, he will always continue to be the driviing for in my playing. I can't wait for a signature of his. I emailed him when he first posted about that. He replied that he would post everything as soon it was all ironed out. So i guess all we can do is wait.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Am I mistaken when I say that Leo Fender never knew how to play guitar?
i don't know if he played or not, but he was a businessman who founded a company with his name.
a signature series guitar, as i understand, is an instrument created to resemble (altough endorsees always play other stuff!) the main instrument used by a musician. sometimes the instrument can get a 'personality' of his own, like a les paul, but the original intend is to sell 'the guitar xxx uses' when did jason use a jackson?

captain ron: i love JB and would like him to play again as much as anybody else, i'm just stating a very realistic fact. i hope i'm wrong.

my whole point is this is an extremely commercial move, rather than a true tribute.
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 03:33 PM

any further info on this guitar? I think its a good cause since becker needs the money first off. Jacksons definitely good enough a company. Becker owned and played lots of guitars. Let them make it.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 11:36 PM

I just saw in Carvin's latest catalog a Jason Becker guitar tat they made for him. Has anyone else seen it cause it looks amazing. I am hoping that Carvin will consider selling it.
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 11:47 PM

I saw it a few days ago. Looks really interesting they were talking about selling it in the article werent they. Maybe this is the rumour weve been hearing about
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron
yeah really caprile, what the hell are you talkin about? your post makes no sense whatsoever.

first of all, whos to say he wont play again? last time i checked, God hasnt posted on jemsite(....yet, but im sure hes proud Glen )

secondly, im glad jackson is doing it so we know that the best guitar company is making this guitar. go head polaris lets hear some more redundancy(why is captain ron continuing to post here since he obviously hates ibanez....i dont hate ibanez, i love ibanez, i just know that jackson is the best company....crafstmanship, value, especially for the money)

and given to fly said it very well. i just wanna add, if any guitarist on earth deserves a signature guitar, its jason becker, regaurdless of the timing or company or whatever else there is to say.

and id like to know more about this too, good subject.

Tags
jason becker , leo fender , les paul , maple fret , maple fretboard , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode