Anyone have a varied selection of guitars? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Re: Anyone have a varied selection of guitars?

Great collection fleeeep!

Thanks for all the replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:56 AM

At the present, I have 5 electrics... it used to be that 4 of them were Ibanez-es! Over time though, I determined that I wanted different sounds, different vibes, and I wasn't 'touring' or anything, so an identical backup was not necessary. So this is what I have- 1) Parker Nitefly, 2) PRS Custom 24, 3) Gibson LP Studio, 4) Ibanez RGT3120, and 5) '83 Fender Elite Strat (favorite). There's pics and such on my webpage if you're interested- http://mysite.verizon.net/bcoutu/.

So I think that's pretty varied. The only one I have a little bit of difficulty with is the Parker, and only at the lower frets. It's the only one with a narrower nut spacing, so the strings feel congested there compared to the other guits. For me, I think the thickness of the neck isn't that big of an issue- it's the width of the fretboard. Maybe something to think about. Also, you mentioned blocky heel joints (as opposed to the AANJ). I never felt it got in the way with my Jem77BFP, and it still doesn't pose an issue on any of my current guitars.

-Ben
post #18 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastofLove
At the present, I have 5 electrics... it used to be that 4 of them were Ibanez-es! Over time though, I determined that I wanted different sounds, different vibes, and I wasn't 'touring' or anything, so an identical backup was not necessary. So this is what I have- 1) Parker Nitefly, 2) PRS Custom 24, 3) Gibson LP Studio, 4) Ibanez RGT3120, and 5) '83 Fender Elite Strat (favorite). There's pics and such on my webpage if you're interested- http://mysite.verizon.net/bcoutu/.

So I think that's pretty varied. The only one I have a little bit of difficulty with is the Parker, and only at the lower frets. It's the only one with a narrower nut spacing, so the strings feel congested there compared to the other guits. For me, I think the thickness of the neck isn't that big of an issue- it's the width of the fretboard. Maybe something to think about. Also, you mentioned blocky heel joints (as opposed to the AANJ). I never felt it got in the way with my Jem77BFP, and it still doesn't pose an issue on any of my current guitars.

-Ben
That strat looks mighty fine , so does Ibanez .

Regards

André

post #19 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I agree. Nice guitars!

If all goes to plan I should have this in a few weeks -

Carvin C66.

Last edited by Adagio_777; 07-17-2005 at 02:04 PM.
post #20 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:19 PM

Thanks guys- yea, that Strat and me, we have a thing goin'.

Great looking Carvin, too. Love hardtails. Not too long ago I had a Carvin TL60 - great guitar, regardless of cost (affordable). I found the neck very similar to that on my RGT3120, so I think you won't have any problem switching back and forth between your Ibanez and the Carvin.

-Ben
post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:44 PM

Mine are all different

1 Ibanez, 1 Gibson, 1 Fender, 1 ESP, 1 Schecter
post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 10:59 PM

Reviews: 1

I have no where near the collection of some of the others, but here goes:

1) Peavey Patriot (modified with Dimarzio HBs)
2) Ibanez RG 760
3) Kramer Focus 3000 (modified with Dimarzio HB)
4) Charvel mongrel (Model 4 neck w/ 275 body & Jackson floyd)
5) Washburn D-10 Acoustic
6) Peavey T-60 bass

I'm also putting together a no name, cheap strat, and piecing together what is basically an Ibanez GAX 125 (I think)

Anyway, while the necks are a little different, I don't find much of a difference switching, although that is when I'm "couch playing", not amp playing. When plugged in, there's some definite differences in the sound, which in some ways changes how I play the different ones.

Heck, if it's got six strings, what's the difference!
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Its good to have variety yeah.......but if you only play 1 style of music, then your going to have quite alot of the same type of guitar. For example if you like metal, you will have alot of EMG equipped, 24 fret guitars. But obviously if you play all kinds of music, then you need varied guitars. A H-S-H Ibanez (RG or JEM) just isnt going to sound the same as a strat or a les paul. If anyone tells you that theirs does........their lying.

But not forgetting also that peoples music tastes change over time and with age. You probably aint going to be into the same stuff when your 40, as you were when you were 18. So if your tastes change.....usually the setup changes too.
I pretty much agree with what you are saying so don't take it like I am trying to rip you a new one here.... :P

But I play a lot of metal and I can't stand EMGs. I like something a little more transparent and less harsh.

And ironically, I had a stock LP Classic, and my Jem did a better "classic" (as in old-school) Les Paul tone than the Les Paul did until I ditched those pickups. So much happier now

And if I turn into an old fart at 40, then it's time to commit suicide :P

On an unrelated note, I feel that I should add, if I am practicing without an amp, my G&L is the best bet despite high action because it's loud unplugged so I can hear it :P
post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 06:48 PM

So far I have-
1998 Ibanez RG 7620 custom arctic white with white Blazes
2000 Ibanez S 7420 BP
1991 Ibanez UV7PWH
1999 Fender Mex. Strat (white with maple neck).
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleeeep
I've lately been switching between:
Ernie Ball Musicman Axis Sport
Ibanez J-Custom RG1802SLK
Ibanez RG 550 DX
Ibanez RG 570 w/seymour duncans
Ibanez RG 270 customised beyond recognition!!!
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez USA Custom
Ibanez S 540
Custom "Stratobastard" Warmoth neck and Kramer Body
Washburn DimeBag Darrell Signature w/EMG's
Ibanez AW 40 CE

The RG's get the most action, and even though on Paper they're all pretty similar (to the untrained eye) they all sound and feel different!!
The DimeBag and the Strat get the least action coz they're just too different from my Favourite Ibanez's!
The Musicman is good when I want to control myself from going whammy crazy like I do on the RG's but the sound is close!

I think that's a pretty varied arsenal??

Oh yeah visit here http://www.ibanezregister.com/Galler...ip%20joyce.htm for pictures of All the Ibanez guitars!!!
Very impressive collection you have there.
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:32 PM

Thanks very much for the kind words towards my collection! I love Ibanez guitars more then any others but it's great to have others for a change in feel and tone! It's good to have a strat for when you need that sound etc... that reminds me I must keep and eye out for a nice Les Paul, I belive Ibanez made some good copies, must get me one of those ;-)
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 01:20 PM

Currently, I have the following:

RG7420
Custom 48 Super Strat
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP Mirage Custom
Jackson Dinky Reverse Pro
Fender Strat HH mutt
Ibanez AEG10 Acoustic
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 PM

I have a

Jem 555
EVH EB/MM Replica and
RG1077XL

waiting for my

UV77MC replica .

Regards

André

post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:59 PM

YOU'RE STILL WAITING FOR THAT??!! Weren't you waiting for that in 03?!!
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
It's a late 90s D4, nothing super just one I've had for awhile, I'd like to sell it and get another Martin, one with a cut away, but I keep buying electrics everytime I get enough money for a new toy put away.
Ah, might be worthwhile looking for a 60s D-35 or D40! They made an ash D40 called the D41 which was nice...

Or sometimes you can find a F50 from the pre-85 era (or around there, Im not a Guild expert) which is real nice for cheap too!

Tags
acoustic guitar , air norton , classic strat , clean tone , coil tap , custom modded , custom shop , dean markley , deluxe strat , dimarzio cliplock , dimebag darrell , double neck , ebmm evh , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , ernie ball , fender deluxe , fender eric johnson , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , floyd rose , fret guitar , fret guitars , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez rgt , ibanez talman , ibanez usa custom , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , jim donahue , kramer baretta , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul deluxe , les paul standard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck shape , paf pro , pull coil , pull coil tap , reverse headstock , rosewood neck , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , sounding guitar , strat sound , string acoustic , string bass , suhr standard , super strat , tone zone , warmoth neck , warmoth strat , zakk wylde , zakk wylde les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode