Anyone have a varied selection of guitars? - Page 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Re: Anyone have a varied selection of guitars?

My current playable guitars are a Carvin Bolt T and an Ibanez S470, however "on the bench" I have an old Dean V and two strats (one old squier and one parts-caster) and in the near future a Fender will be in the family, so I guess you could say I'm slightly varied, but I love the strats!

However, if I had the cash I'd have a lot more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 PM

I feel like I have a pretty varied selection. All 4 of my guitars were custom builds so I tried to get a nice variety of styles and woods and pickups and all that. My favorite is the soloist style, but I also have a warmoth strat with EMGs that I absolutely love, and a ken lawrence-type explorer.

I feel like each one of em does something best. For cleans, the warmoth strat is king (thanks DG20s!). For the heavy metal rhythm stuff - the explorer. For leads - the two soloist-style ones. Which isnt to say that each guitar can't handle all that stuff well on its own...but each one has it's specialty as far as my favorite tones.
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Seems a little silly to have more than one of the same guitar if you don't need it for a backup at a gig. Even when I had 3 tele's and giggin all the time with a country band, they were all different.

LP
PRS
Strat
Tele
Custom built (Jackson style)
post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 07:55 PM

Reviews: 1

Not me personally but one of the guys at our youth band has:

1. Ashton something lol
2. Fender Stratocaster (it's a sunburst and he sanded off the laquer and made the very edge raw wood - awesome!)
3. Fender Telecaster (his personal favourite)
4. Gibson Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul with EMG pickups.
5 + 6. I think they're two acoustics.

He's trying to sell the electrics (except maybe the Tele) and go mainly acoustic though.
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM

To answer that, I guess not really. The "80's" in me is going to be apparent in this answer. Here's what I've got:
USA B.C.Rich Gunslingers (3)
USA B.C.Rich Assassin
USA B.C.Rich STIII
Ibanez RG770DX reissue-blue

Plan to pick up two more soon:
regret selling this so much, so getting another: JEM 7vwh and getting the red 770DX
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 02:52 AM

I've been there, there was a time when I bought any kind I like, from strat to super strat to X shaped.
then, I limited my self to superstrat family only, you know.. strat style body, 25.5', floyd, etc..
and after a long and wasting money- kind of journey, I know, and I do realize : Japanese made Ibanez RG is the one.... besides Caparison TAT and Dellinger.

and that's how I end up with : 9 MIJ RGs and 2 Caparisons.
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 PM

I think my collection is varied. I'll be adding an acoustic soon,my last acoustic was a nylon string classical guitar.

1991 jem77bfp
1999 rg350
2007 uv777
2007 gibson zakk wylde les paul
1998 dean ml
2006 dean dfh
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 PM

I just started playing guitar relatively recently (about a year ago) but I try to have a varied selection, mostly for different tunings.
1983 Ibanez RS335 (Double Drop D tuning)
ESP LTD F-250 (Standard Tuning)
Aria ProII (Lower drop tunings)
Generic no-brand Strat copy (Experimental custom tuning)

I try to play them all evenly, the only problem I encounter when switching is that I can't really pick too well on the Aria. I tend to pick close to the bridge, and it has a really big awkward bridge that impedes my hand.
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Ibanez S670
Squier Thinline tele w/ Barenknuckle pups
home made strat with squier body and neck, Seymoud Duncan pickups and locking Sperzels

They all play nicely, so I can handle them all fine, but they do demand slightly different playing styles. For example, I'd never solo the same on my tele as I would on my S-series, but I prefer the tele for rhythm. It's all about findind what each does best.

Anyway, don't yous think we've answered this guy's question by now?

Tags
acoustic guitar , air norton , classic strat , clean tone , coil tap , custom modded , custom shop , dean markley , deluxe strat , dimarzio cliplock , dimebag darrell , double neck , ebmm evh , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , ernie ball , fender deluxe , fender eric johnson , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , floyd rose , fret guitar , fret guitars , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez rgt , ibanez talman , ibanez usa custom , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , jim donahue , kramer baretta , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul deluxe , les paul standard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck shape , paf pro , pull coil , pull coil tap , reverse headstock , rosewood neck , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , sounding guitar , strat sound , string acoustic , string bass , suhr standard , super strat , tone zone , warmoth neck , warmoth strat , zakk wylde , zakk wylde les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode