anyone heard of the guitar brand Noki? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up anyone heard of the guitar brand Noki?

i got this guitar as a gift from my uncle, but ive never heard of the brand on the headstock(noki), i was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? i waws wondering if anyone had any info as to what the guitar is worth or where its from, or made. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: anyone heard of the guitar brand Noki?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:56 PM

No, it's not made by Google. Stop spreading lies about Noki guitars, please.

In fact, if you had googled it yourself you would see that there are no helpful results.

I have never heard of Noki guitars, but it can very well be a guitar also known with other names. Many asian factories (mainly Korea and Japan) made guitars with different names. A picture would be awesome.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

i hope the pictures actually show up this time, but here are some pictures of the headstock and the body, please pardon the picture quality of the headstock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOKI BODY.JPG (84.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0636.JPG (60.2 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 PM

Considering the headstock design is copied from Ibanez, it's either a luthier made guitar, or a cheaper knockoff brand of some sort. Does it play good?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Surprisingly yes, the pickups sound somewhat like what you would find on an ibanez, but, well, aren't ibanez. THE sustain is also surprisingly good for an obviously Asian made guitar. And as an added bonus, it looks pretty awesome.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 PM

In that case, I would keep it. Unless someone else can find more info on these guitars, if you try to sell it you'll have to do it for a very low price. Since it's fixed bridge you can play around with different tunings and stuff like that. Is it a bolt on or set-neck?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

It's a bolt on neck, so I guess I could put an ibanez neck or just a different one in general. And it's actually not a fixes bridge it's a standard tremolo, nothing fancy, but yeah, bad picture quality.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 PM

Ironbird body copy with an Ibby neck copy
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM

Humm I just purchased a NOKi which is an exact replica of the Ibanez RG570 guitar, it has a quited top, pristine finish of the wood grain with a burgundy lacqer on it. It is made in japan with locking nut, LoPro edge tremolo, V1 and V2 humbackers and a S7 single coil in the middle.
So, for someone to say that NOKi are replicas of somebody it cannot be farther from the truth...
It seems that Ibanez makes these NOKi's on a limited basis for the Asian or european markets. Mine,(the equivalent of the RG570) is appraised at E600.00 (600 Euros) in Europe... So weather we like it or not...NOKi's are made by Ibanez. I will post some pictures soon.

Tags
brand , guitar , lightning bolt , noki

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode