Anyone into Taylor acoustics? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Anyone into Taylor acoustics?

I went to a guitar shop on the weekend with the intention of ordering a new Martin D-18(2012 model, new specs looks awesome). While I was there I played a lot of guitars. Martin, Gibson, Larrivee, and Taylor. I really liked the Martin hd35, and d28 but there was a Taylor dn8 that really impressed me. This guitar sounded great and playability was perfect. I ended up ordering the d18. When it arrives I'll try it out and decide if I want to keep it or get the Taylor instead. I've always wanted a Martin but this Taylor kind of blew me away.

I'm wondering what Taylor's customer service is like if anyone has delt with them.

Last edited by Rotti; 03-11-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Re: Anyone into Taylor acoustics?

Im no Acoustic expert but almost all the best playing acoustics I ever played were Taylor's. For playability they seem the best out of the ones I have played.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 AM

Try and get along to a Taylor Road Show or Find Your Fit event they are free and incredibly informative. Taylor have amazing customer service, amazing guitars too that have necks that feel as easy to play as an electric.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Reviews: 1

Taylor's are very nice, I perfer my Bayden!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM

Taylor acoustic guitars are pretty darn amazing.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 PM

I love my Taylor single cutaway - its not one of the higher end ones, 200 series I think but its got an ebony fingerboard and sounds great plugged in and unplugged.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

I've always wanted a Martin so I think I'm going to stick with the d18 but my next acoustic will be a Taylor.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM

having worked a store that carried both taylor and martin, i think taylor is a much better acoustic. We sold a lot of taylors, the martins never took off. I dont think that store carries martin anymore in fact.

Taylor customer service is awesome, one guitar's preamp went out, we called taylor and they said they could send us the part to put in it or we could send them the guitar to have it installed. Either way it was free.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Taylor is my third favorite acoustic maker, after Rainsong and Olson, but you can get three Taylor Doyle Dykes models for what one of the others cost me.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:24 PM

Reviews: 4

I've got a friend and colleague that I respect a bunch and he uses taylor.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM

Reviews: 10

I just got one and love it. Very consistent guitars ans high level of craftsmanship. Its however not just the guitar, but also the company's philosophy. Bob Taylor is a good guy, and they go great lengths in product engineering, sustainable wood sources, and employee benefits.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 PM

my dad used to own a Taylor acuostic, best sounding acoustic I've ever heard!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 PM

I have a 7 Series taylor. I also wanted a martin and walked out with the Taylor. More musical to my ears and the neckprofile was closer to an electric than the martin.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Having experience with both, I can say that the Martin is awesome, has its own tone, and the wood even feels aged whereas as the Taylor is a guitar made with precision. The craftsmanship will usually be better and therefore its more visually appealing. At that point its personal preference. A very basic looking Martin can cost as much as a beautiful Taylor, however the guitar has to speak to you in order for you to make a decision. Good luck.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Keep in mind they're both AWESOME guitars but will produce different tones so you have to go with the one that suits you best!

Tags
taoylor dn8 acoustic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode