Anyone know anything about K7's? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Anyone know anything about K7's?

I've found a really good deal on an Ibanez K7. The guy selling it wants $500 for it. It plays just fine and looks just fine other than a chip about the size of a dime on the edge of the guitar straight up from the bridge pickup.

$500 for this guitar sounds like a pretty sweet deal based on what I'm seeing them go for online ($900+ used). My only reason for not buying it already is that I've never owned a seven string before. I've always wanted one but I just don't know if I can handle the extra string, and with it being the Korn signature I'm not sure how easily I could resell it if it ended up not working for me. I always disliked Korn but this seems like a quality instrument to me.

Basically what I'm asking is if there is any market for these guitars. Would I be able to resell it for at least my money back if I ended up not being able to get used to the seven strings?

It looks just like this one with the Lo Pro 7 and this color, just with the chip on the top of the guitar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Vendor

Re: Anyone know anything about K7's?

Do you have pictures of the actual guitar? They have made plenty of fakes of them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

My cell phone was dead so I couldn't take any pics, but when I go back over to look at it again tomorrow I'll snap a few shots of it. What specifically would you need pics of to know if it is a fake or not?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Vendor

The trem and the headstock.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 PM

Also a good gauge if it is real or not is the K-7 inlay, I've seen plenty of fakes with terrible K-7 inlay haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode