anyone own a Prestige AX1220BBK? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

anyone own a Prestige AX1220BBK?

i am picking one up for a really good price and just wondered if anyone around here owns one. it is pretty heavy but plays nice and looks very cool.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:44 AM

I don't own one, but have played it a lot. I didn't find it heavy at all! cool guitar. Go for it!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

i only own one hard tail - well, as hard tail as a "vibrato" on a Strat which might as well be a hard tail. the rest (8 others) are all trems. i am working on a USA Fender Subsonic (baritone) and a USA Fender Tele in a deal (brand new!!) which will bring up my choices in trem or non-trem and overall sound choices as well.
i should have the AX1220 by the end of next week or early the following week. i'll ask if someone can host pics of her and a full family pic when she arrives.
were these AX1220 guitars only made for a year or so or are they still in production? i think i only saw it in the 2002 catalog.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

i got the AX1220 yesterday and set it up with new strings, intonation, ect. and it really plays nicely! the bridge pup has been changed to a Dimarzio - don't know which but it sounds nice and has good, even output. i would like to buy a new bridge for it as this one has some minor pitting and the set screws are a little corroded- anyone know where to get one? it's a GTB100 Wilkinson i believe.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

the guy i got this guitar from says the pups had not been changed out but they are both Dimarzio's and the stock model AX is listed as having V7 & V8 pups like the RG models. is it possible these pups were stock on some of the models?
they sound good - not sure which models they are - just thought it to be odd.
the bridge has some pitting and the set screws are corroded so i called a local Ibanez dealer to find out about replacement parts and it will be $70 for a new bridge. i'll get one just to have a new spare. the guitar plays and sounds great and i've gotten a lot of compliments on the looks and sounds of it.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 09:17 AM

Congrats on the guitar. The 1220 always had V pickups, as far as I know.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

i thought the V's were stock as well but the pups have Dimarzio on them. the bridge has silver/nickel(?) pole pcs and the neck pup has blk pole pcs. i haven't pulled them out to see what they are, but if it is written on the back side of them, curiosity will get the best of me and i will have to find out what they are.

Tags
bridge pup , ibanez dealer , neck pup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode