Anyone play a RGA121H, looking for a review - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
MCR

Anyone play a RGA121H, looking for a review

I'd like to get a fixed bridge guitar and prefer an Ibanez neck similar to the one on my jems or the wizard II on my non-jem - how about the RGA121H - has anyone played one? Good. Bad? I'm thinking of getting one from Rich but would love to hear how they play beforehand. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 AM

Re: Anyone play a RGA121H, looking for a review

It is the only guitar that I have kept for more than 3 months. Some people here on the board know that is amazing. Now that is saying something.

I actually own two of the RGA121 (NTF and VLF) and I personally believe that they are the best thing Ibanez has done with the RG line since adding the AANJ.

Finishing is superb, frets are excellent and needed no dressing. The neck is awesome, it's a Wizard neck and again the finishing is great. I've tried several different pickups in them and I have found that the stock pickups are well suited to the guitar and my style of music. I have not found one thing about these guitars that I would change - except maybe offering a HSH config.

The RGA121H doesn't have the maple top - I don't think - but I would imagine you'd be equally impressed as I am with the RGA line.

I think everybody needs to have at least one in their Ibanez collection.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
they are the best thing Ibanez has done with the RG line since adding the AANJ.
so true,

they are well finished with fantastic necks, occasionally i see a woody one i hate because they have that real 'lines of onion' look i don't like. but it's just looks. great classy RGs, there should be a whole ranged line of RGAs!!

i love my VLF, the v7 is a nice neck pickup, but i put a breed neck and evo2 bridge in mine..

.. i don't even know what a 121H is though .....
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:43 AM

I own one and love it to bits Its a solid guitar with no frills.

I love the arched top and much prefer how your arm sits on the guitar compared to a regular flat topped guitar like an RG. The bridge is very comfortable for resting your hand on too if youre palm muting.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
MCR

Thanks for the replies, that is what I was hoping to hear. I've been wanting a fixed bridged guitar for a while this looks like one to get, now I have to figure out how to explain why I need another guitar to my other half.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:33 AM

Explain it with shoes. Why does she need new shoes? Don't ever ask her that again in return demand that she never asks about your axes ;D it's a fair deal the problem is if she doesn't like shoes.

i have the 321 , and as far as i know it's visually spruced up 121 with better pu's.
The neck is the only thing i'd change if i had a chance, its the classic wizard shape. a bit thicker than the super wizards, but still thin.
the bridge feels very nice, it has great contours, it feels almost like you had an edge under your palm, but it takes some getting used to.
if you're looking for a fixed bridge RG, go get it, its an awesome guitar.

the guitar over all is a bit thinner on the edges, but it's as thick as an RG on the centre. its also surprisingly light! (i'd say that's due to lack of hardware comparing to an Edge equipped RG).

Tags
fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , ibanez collection , ibanez neck , neck pickup , palm muting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode