Anyone successfully install a tremol-no on an EDGE III? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Anyone successfully install a tremol-no on an EDGE III?

I'm having trouble finding any references on the internet of anyone of installing one successfully on an edge III. The tremol-no website says it's compatible, but with this note.

trem ol-no.com/workswith.asp

Quote:
"On certain Ibanez® Edge™, LoPro™, EdgePro™ and Double Edge™ systems, the #4 spring hole in the tremolo block is drilled and tapped. While the Pin-type *can* work without issue, we recommend the Small Clamp-type. "
Seems like it would be a pain in the ass. I found one reference to someone trying to install a pin-type, but it was a failure.

EDIT: Okay, I might be dumb. I think it's saying that you need to drill a hole if you want to use a pin type. That's why it's recommending a clamp type.

Since the table shows small clamp type of the recommended one, I thought the note was saying you had to drill a hole in order to use it a clamp type. And that the pin type also works, but not as well. They could have probably worded that better.

Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-30-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Re: Anyone successfully install a tremol-no on an EDGE III?

Don't see why it wouldn't work. I've used the clamp-type tremol-no on an Edge/LoPro/EdgePro without any issues. It just clamps onto the trem block.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Re: Anyone successfully install a tremol-no on an EDGE III?

I use the Clamp type on my 7V, very easy to install and easily adjustable, just get one of those.
BigBazz is online  

Tags
edge 3 , edge iii , instillation , tremol-no , tremolno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode