Anyone tried the Breed Dimarzio? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Anyone tried the Breed Dimarzio?

Anyone tried a Breed Bridge pickup in an RG Trem guitar? Just cuirous.. After looking at the Dimarzio Web Site and from past experience, this pickup seems to come as close to what I'd want as I can tell.. I have had the tone Zone and it was too hot a little, but not much and a tad too bassy.. The breed seems to have a tad more midrange, and this would seem to be better.. but not quite as hot either.. It's that or the Air Zone maybe too.. or a PAF Pro.. I want something that is hot, but can clean up a little at least, but doens't turn to mud when you do turn down the volume, good harmonics (I'm like Zakk Wylde with my pings) and something that doesn't pull on the strings real hard and sustains well, etc.. and I love it when the guitar goes into the harmonic overtones / sustain..
Thanks
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 09:33 AM

Re: Anyone tried the Breed Dimarzio?

There's discussion of this HERE

Scroll down to the 7th post for RG550/Breed Demo.

~Kenny
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:24 PM

I can't say that I know much about the Breed pickups, but I know that the Air Zone has good harmonics, low string pull, and great sustain.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 06:23 PM

Hey, Kenny, i just listened to your demo, and damn, that was some tasteful playing. And i definitely dig the sounds!!!!
Nice to know there's more here on LI than just emo/screamo kids
peace
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 06:57 PM

Thanks... I threw that down in one or two takes, just to get the sound. i wish my timing was better.

and i've been meaning to ask...wtf is emo? i keep hearing that word & all i can think of is Judy Tenuta's ex-husband.

~K
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:37 PM

Imagine Green Day, but with a singer who is whining instead of singing, and you'll be on the right track...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 03:13 AM

Talking Re: Anyone tried the Breed Dimarzio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
There's discussion of this HERE

Scroll down to the 7th post for RG550/Breed Demo.

~Kenny
Great song !! more?.....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric777
Great song !! more?.....
The 'song' for the Breed demo is a jam track i downloaded off another site - i didn't write it.

I put up an Evolution7 Demo a few weeks back...I wrote that, but I wrote it with the low B string in mind, so it's got a lot of that.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...evolution+demo

~Kenny
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 09:46 AM

Yeah, that was me asking about the Breeds that time. Cool playing on the demo and I love the sound. I used it along with your clip with the Evolutions (Comfortably Numb) to help with my decision and, in the end, went with the Evolutions. I've been seriously considering doing a project guitar and, if I do it, it'll probably get the Breeds. It was a tough decision because both sound great. Different, but great.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM

i prefer the Evo/PAF combination to the Breeds, personally.
~K
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:45 PM

Heh, I'm exactly the opposite, I love the Breeds, especially the neck model. They sound thick and really fill out the sound of an RG.

If you want a hotter combination, with a bit more balls in the bridge position, a Super3 is similar to the Breed bridge in tone. It's hotter and more compressed, while still matching up with the Breed neck model.

The Breed neck model is my favorite neck pickup, over the PAF-Pro and AirNorton by far. It's hot and smooth, with none of the thinness of the PAF-Pro, and has more of a percussive quality than the AirNotron, IMO.

Tags
breed bridge , breed neck model , bridge pickup , bridge position , neck pickup , paf pro , tone zone , trem guitar , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode