Apex gets sun... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Apex gets sun...

Bought this yesterday but it was kinda cloudy all day. Today the sun popped out and I snagged some pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Re: Apex gets sun...

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Love it,the only thing I'd change is ebony(black)fingerboard and other inlays,stars are ok but that 69 is fugly.
Still awesome guitar!
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Looks very cool!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Love it,the only thing I'd change is ebony(black)fingerboard and other inlays,stars are ok but that 69 is fugly.
Still awesome guitar!
for me it's fine...I had a K7 years ago and just absolutely hated the inlay. This is much easier for me to accept. lol It also sounds better than my K7 did...
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Still awesome guitar!
Its actually the sign of cancer but ya its fugly and everyone will say its a 69 anyway lol

Sexy guitar, I like it more from this little photoshoot you did
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 PM

What year is this? (Lo Pro 7 = yum)

I love it man,
Congrats.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13 View Post
What year is this? (Lo Pro 7 = yum)

I love it man,
Congrats.
this year...they come with LoPro 7's again. Like the Universe... It's the only reason I went ahead and bought it. Had it still had the Edge Pro, I'd have passed.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 01:24 AM

Nice! I don't really listen to Korn too much (though I don't hate them) but I'd buy the hell out of that guitar.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Nice! I don't really listen to Korn too much (though I don't hate them) but I'd buy the hell out of that guitar.
I'm not the biggest "Korn nut" either, but it's hard in my shop not to be aware of them. Munky has been there several times and their guitar and bass tech of 13 years Chris "Care Bear" Baird now works there with me. So I get alot of Korn info and stories. I even have one of Head's old pedals on my pedalboard right now.

Even outside of that, the Apex is a wonderful sounding guitar. I tend to like my RG1077XL's, and though I own Universes, I never really use them. The Apex has not been in its case...it's become one of my main guitars now. I have always liked mahog for body wood, so this doesnt help me to not want a mahogany body made for one of my 1077's. lol

I do keep it in B though, rather than the A Korn does. I just use it like a regular guitar...I've not played "Blind" on it or whatever the hit is when someone picks one up in a store. lol
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
I'm not the biggest "Korn nut" either, but it's hard in my shop not to be aware of them. Munky has been there several times and their guitar and bass tech of 13 years Chris "Care Bear" Baird now works there with me. So I get alot of Korn info and stories. I even have one of Head's old pedals on my pedalboard right now.

Even outside of that, the Apex is a wonderful sounding guitar. I tend to like my RG1077XL's, and though I own Universes, I never really use them. The Apex has not been in its case...it's become one of my main guitars now. I have always liked mahog for body wood, so this doesnt help me to not want a mahogany body made for one of my 1077's. lol

I do keep it in B though, rather than the A Korn does. I just use it like a regular guitar...I've not played "Blind" on it or whatever the hit is when someone picks one up in a store. lol
Sweet, I'm psyched Ibanez brought the Lo Pro back!

Man, you work with Care Bear AND have Head's old gear?
I 10000% envy you, I'm a huge KoRn freak and I've been trying to hunt down any piece of old KoRn gear, so far I've managed to get a K-7 (production)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g?t=1282197286
lucky.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM

Gorgeous guitar!
Shiny frets, awesome paint job, haha congrats

How much did you pay for it?

happy NGD haha
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13 View Post
Sweet, I'm psyched Ibanez brought the Lo Pro back!

Man, you work with Care Bear AND have Head's old gear?
I 10000% envy you, I'm a huge KoRn freak and I've been trying to hunt down any piece of old KoRn gear, so far I've managed to get a K-7 (production)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g?t=1282197286
lucky.
pm me your address and I'll send ya' some tour picks. C-Bear still has a bunch of Head and Munky's picks. I'll snag ya' some from different tours. Even some of Jon Davis' picks. I got some different ones laying around.

The pedal I have that belonged to Head is the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge they used to record the big distorted parts of Kill You and the ascending chords after the 'boomm da da mmmm da da-imma" break in Freak On A Leash...stuff like that. You can see it on my pedalboard here with the glowing diamond around the button.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoFX View Post
Gorgeous guitar!
Shiny frets, awesome paint job, haha congrats

How much did you pay for it?

happy NGD haha
I work for a dealer so I kinda can't tell you...lol
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
pm me your address and I'll send ya' some tour picks. C-Bear still has a bunch of Head and Munky's picks. I'll snag ya' some from different tours. Even some of Jon Davis' picks. I got some different ones laying around.

The pedal I have that belonged to Head is the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge they used to record the big distorted parts of Kill You and the ascending chords after the 'boomm da da mmmm da da-imma" break in Freak On A Leash...stuff like that. You can see it on my pedalboard here with the glowing diamond around the button.

*Dies*

Awesome pedalboard, do you play in a band?

Tags
apex , korn , munky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode