AR2000 prestige question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

AR2000 prestige question

I am thinking about getting one of these babies, since they are kind of in the middle of les paul and PRS cumtom22, i.e. better quality and playability than les paul and more wood and cheaper than PRS.
Problem is nobody in my area has one in stock and I only found one review on the web which is not detailed.
So, if anyone here has ever played one please tell me about it. Is my impression above correct? Does it sound as beefy as a les paul?
Also, how big is the neck joint? From any pic of the front, you can see the neck runs into the body more than regular models like AR250 or PRS santana, which is similar. So if the neck joint is big, high frets will be difficult to reach.
It would great to have a pic of the back of the guitar.
thanx,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 08:32 PM

I've played a couple of these...very pretty and tasty. Nice detail like the walnut (?) pup rings. I think you're close on your estimation of wood mass, but I would not say it's as beefy or mean soundging as an LP. Last time I played the 2000 was in comparison to an LP Standard. The 2000 is a very smooth feeling guitar. I can't recall if the neck joint bulge is higher up the neck than on an LP. Next time I'm in GC I'll have a look.
Greg
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:04 AM

I played an AR2000 and it's a really sweet guitar, lighter than an LP and with a much nicer neck than most LP's. Can't say much about the tone because I played it unplugged. I did not have a problem with the neck joint, so I would assume that it was relatively regular, probably more accessible than an LP.

Tags
high frets , les paul , neck joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode