Artist AR2000 Prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Artist AR2000 Prestige

Is there any reason why Ibanez didn't put the pearl/abalone blocks in this guitar rather than the dots? If it's gonna be a prestige, I think that would help it sell. Maybe I can buy one and have Jeremy do them since he's doing my offset screws on my DBK.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 05:26 PM

Just the way they designed it I guess. I think it'd look cool with a tree of life inlay.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:50 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
I used to feel the same way, until having an AR2000 in-house. Having digested the axe a little, i must say I like the abalone dots better. The blocks are cool on some axes, but a bit gaudy for this particular axe as configured IMHO... glen
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 10:13 PM

Congrats on the new purchase, Glen! I see you're more of a hardtail fan every day!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 10:18 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
thanks.... i've always been a hardtail fan and now that digging up premium(yet affordable) ones is easier than grabbing used JEMs... buying is a no-brainer But seriously, i have little time and patience for owning several locking trem axes these days... ones which every time i pick up need to be unlocked (if they're even locked at all) and retuned for 5-minutes before playing out of my own sheer negligance. In short, i'm pretty much done buying locking trem axes, as i have a too many "keepers" already. I'll let you guys grab 'em ... glen
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 10:31 PM

I just saw the pic of the top of the artist....

I agree, locking trems are a hassle. I still have a few left to buy....lol, but in the future, I'll go for fixed bridges (I've been drooling for Les Pauls Customs recently.....but that's off topic here )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 11:19 PM

I love the way that guitar plays...does not quite have the punch of an LP, but the neck is glorious.
Greg

Tags
abalone dots , fixed bridge , les paul , les pauls , locking trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode