Assistance please: Clueless female requires guidance
I am a clueless female who has come into possession of a Ibanez guitar.....I need the assistance of Ibanez aficionados in order to identify it and decide what to do with it. I apologise from the very beginning for any annoyance that I provoke.
I'll be perfectly honest and say that what I know about guitars could be inscribed onto the back of a postage stamp, you could probably add the sum total of my interest in them as well and still have room.
I have considered throwing it out (its in terrible condition) but I'd like to check and see if I should donate it to someone who collects this kind of thing - it might be an important model or something and maybe someone might want it, appreciate it and love it.
I have tried Googling images for Ibanez guitars trying to find something that looks like it. The closest thing I have found that looks vaguely like it is a Vintage 1974 Ibanez Artist Model 2613 Electric Guitar, I emphasis that this only what it looks closest too. If you type Vintage 1974 Ibanez Artist Model 2613 Electric Guitar into the google image search its the yellow one down the bottom. It has the similar shape but not the same layout.
At this point I am trying to get a picture of it to post, but in the meantime:
- I cannot find any identifiers on it at all besides the word Ibanez and the plate on the back that says made in Japan.
- its a deep mahogany colour
- its electric and has six thingy's that I assume tighten the strings to it
- it has four nobs that I guess would control volume, what looks like an input jack and some kind of metal switch...
- it is symetrical
- its basic shape is that of a 1974 Model 2613 only the two horns at the top of the guitars body are more pointy.
- the four nobs sit on a half circle of some kind of plastic, additionally between the two nobs closest to the strings there is a small rectangular hole
- it appears to be hollow
- the long part, the neck? has some kind of inlay, it doesn't really look like mother of pearl more like some kind of imitation pearl or perhaps its shell. In any case there are 10 and they decrease in size as you move down from the top part of the guitar.
- there are two metal plates (that look like they came in contact with the strings) are directly beneath where the neck ends, then there is some odd rectangular shaped thing beneath it which appears to have some kind of wiring connected to it.
- at the top of the guitar there is more fake mother of pearly inlay two odd shaped triangles sitting an a rectangle with identical triangles beneath. Sort of like a sailing ship if you ignore the bottom triangles.
- the word Ibanez is written in 'running writing' for the want of a better term
- beneath the trianges is a bell shaped piece of plastic that doesn't seem to have any apparent use
- the things that tighten the strings all have five pointed stars on the back of the back of the guitar, gold coloured ones.
If anyone can tell me what this model of guitar is I would appreciate it, advice on what I should do with it would also be appreciated.
thank you for your assistance and patience