Awesome new Michael Angelo Sig Guitar - Looks good anyway... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Awesome new Michael Angelo Sig Guitar - Looks good anyway...

You must check this out! *They look beautiful. *I love that 'Tree of Life' inlay. *Check out both pages.

http://www.angelo.com/tradition_pg_3.html

http://www.angelo.com/tradition_pg_4.html

Hope this comes with a neck-through-body design. *That would be sweet. *Too bad about the slide selector switch. *Would of loved to see 3-way toggle.

Gabe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 05:23 PM

Awesome new Michael Angelo Sig Guitar

Interesting, I dig the inlay, dig the finish, hate the shape of the body, it looks to fat in the middle to me, or maybe the horns look to short, I don't know, I just don't dig the shape a ton. *But it does look like a kewl guitar, what the heck is MA up to these days anyway?
Jeremy
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 05:23 PM

* * ve been claiming that they're "going to release his double guitar soon!" for more than a year now!! * I guess time IS relative!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 10:54 PM

is this Michael Angelo Batio? ...that one shredder?...this guys a monster on alternate picking...has a weird sense of humor which is cool too (i have one of his videos).
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 03:56 AM

Not bad, anyone know what the retail price will be? Seems like it should be cheap, seeing the TRS-style floyd knock-off it has on it.. Sorta looks like a squashed Cort Viva model, though..
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 05:22 AM

At least his new guitar isn't as silly as some of his older guitars. Check out the pics to see what I mean. I don't particularly like the inlay. Also, the marketing babble in the ad made me wonder if these guitars are just contract manufactured in Korea.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 09:23 AM

These guitars are definitely made by Cort. Everything from the hardware design to the headstock shape "point" to the Cort factory. Even the vine inlay is reminiscent of Cort guitars in their catalog and website.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 12:48 PM

They look good to me.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 12:26 AM

I was a Cort R&D guy for a few years (is that possible?) and it's definitely a Cort product. Strap buttons, trem, Cort VIVA body shape, etc. Besides, Cort's US office is in Northbrook IL and Batio is in Gurnee, 1/2 hour away tops. He probably drives over there all the time.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 12:34 AM

Just in case anyone doesn't know, Cort does all the Korean RG's too, so the quality should be what you'd expect from any Korean Ibanez.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Quote: from frankfalbo on 12:34 am on June 15, 2001
Just in case anyone doesn't know, Cort does all the Korean RG's too, so the quality should be what you'd expect from any Korean Ibanez.
Very interesting Frank. *I have to hand to Cort, they are really trying to do some cool stuff (Curbow, etc.).
Greg
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 01:50 PM

I find them very appealing...nice :biggrin:

Kinda like a cross between an RG and an S-series
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 07:15 PM

Hmm… Vine inlays and a very familiar body shape on that first one. Interesting contour to the body… nice wood too. The second one doesn’t do as much for me.

I agree with keith.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 02:47 AM

Wow! *That looks like a pretty sweet guitar.

I always thought that Michael Angelo was endorced by Washburn, I remember seeing his picture in a Washburn catalog. *I think it was either last year or the year before. *Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... *although I'm 99% positive that he had a deal with Washburn.

Anyways, someone asked if he was this shredder guy... yeah, he's a pretty crazy one at that. *He played in a band called Nitro. *I have one of his video's, Speed Kills, and good jebus can he play! *He can also play just as well with his left hand. *

Kind of a depressing video really... LOL!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote: from Zanu on 2:47 am on June 17, 2001
I'm 99% positive that he had a deal with Washburn.
Right you are. *He was endorsed by Washburn, then left for Tradition. *Some of the earlier low cost strat style Tradition guitars were crap IMHO, but the LP copies were HOT and very inexpensive for the craftsmanship.

Gabe

Tags
alternate picking , angelo batio , body shape , headstock shape , michael angelo batio , strap button , strap buttons , strat style

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode