AX7421!!! - I just saw one and played it last week... OMG!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

AX7421!!! - I just saw one and played it last week... OMG!!!

For all you guys in Victoria, Australia, I just saw one in Manny's Music in Melbourne, Chapel Street last week. There's only one left, and the Staff confirmed that it's a 7421... The headstock has Japan printed on it, and it's an amazing axe!!!! I played it, and it was so much better to play than the 7221! Much more solid construction, and the stock pups were KILLER!!!! Geez! I wish I'd brought enuff cash with me then when I went... now I'm back home I might not get a chance...

By the say, on the same street, there's another shop called Troy's music which still has one RG7 Double Edge left... (is that the 7620? I think so...) and also quite a few cool Ibanezes.

But the coolest find I saw was in a shop called Fretted Instruments also along the same street. They had a 1964 Vox AC30 AND a 1978 Gibson Les Paul Artisan going for $4000!!!! Geez! what a steal! I played that too, and I tell you, there's no point wasting money on Lespauls today... The older ones REALLY wipe them off the slate! The brass hardware (fine tuners on a brass bridge! and the nut and tuners are also brass!!!) Ebony fretboard... ooo... killer axe man... REALLY killer axe... I played a NEW Lespaul standard after that, and the Artisan beats that FLAT!

Go check it out guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 01:15 PM

AX7421!!!

Quote:
Quote: from Spiral Acid on 7:00 am on July 10, 2001
RG7 Double Edge left... (is that the 7620? I think so...)
Actually, that's the RG2027 or RG7CST. *I'm guessing it's the first one though.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 07:19 PM

AX7421!!!

I've never heard or seen an AX7421. Theres the 7521, which was made in Japan. Thats probably the one your talking about.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

AX7421!!!

Quote:
Quote: from MADWELL on 7:19 pm on July 10, 2001
I've never heard or seen an AX7421. Theres the 7521, which was made in Japan. Thats probably the one your talking about.
Possible... it was Japan made... I'm not too clear on the model number, but what you said sounds weird... I think I remember the guy saying 74...

And the 7 string was a CST? it looked like a 7620... hmm...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

AX7421!!!

Yup, this was it... NICE!!! RG2027... hmm... if only it was XL... :biggrin:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 12:47 AM

AX7421!!!

That's probably the coolest 7 they've ever made. Kinda wish I'd bought one instead of the UV. :lame:

Tags
ebony fretboard , gibson les paul , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode