Axis of Evil - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Axis of Evil

I just picked this baby up. Any other Axis players here? Opinions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 04:13 PM

Axis of Evil

I love it, looks sweet! *

Ever since the Petrucci came out, I have paid more attention to the EB stuff. *I am of the opinion that only the AXIS and the JPM are the EBs for me. *I especially like the simplicity of the single volume and toggle switch, add that sweetass burst to the Birdseye maple neck and you've got a winner with a Floyd Rose!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 04:18 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Axis of Evil

Quote:
kirk on 4:13 pm on Feb. 13, 2002
Ever since the Petrucci came out, I have paid more attention to the EB stuff. *I am of the opinion that only the AXIS and the JPM are the EBs for me. *I especially like the simplicity of the single volume and toggle switch, add that sweetass burst to the Birdseye maple neck and you've got a winner with a Floyd Rose!
See why paying ENDORSERS to promote and advertise their equipment is an effective business strategy.

Nice axes, just not my mug of coffee ... glen
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 04:27 PM

Reviews: 3
Axis of Evil

I like those guitars a lot. *However, I still think I prefer the toggle switch location of the old EVH model better. *Either way it rocks.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 10:06 PM

Axis of Evil

I bought my Axis about 2 and 1/2 years ago. *I don't play it much any more as I've made the leap to 7's and primarily play my Carvin DC747C and my RG2027 but it is an awesome guitar. *Great neck, pups, trem, and beautiful woods. *EBMM makes great stuff. *Wish I had the coin to get an EBMM Petrucci 7. *

Here's some pics of the flame maple neck:

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8

Enjoy your Axis!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 10:28 PM

Axis of Evil

Good point Glen. *

But if Petrucci had played Jackson or Fender and switched to MM, I probably wouldn't have been as *interested. *I guess it depends on the individual's niche, however I do agree that it is a good marketing scheme.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:10 PM

Axis of Evil

[/quote] See why paying ENDORSERS to promote and advertise their equipment is an effective business strategy.[/quote]

I guess that's why so many hang our around here.
Greg

Tags
birdseye maple neck , ebmm petrucci , flame maple , flame maple neck , floyd rose , maple neck , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode