AZ Premium worth it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

AZ Premium worth it?

Hi everyone! I've been thinking of buying a new guitar and the Ibanez AZ series caught my eye. Is the premium version worth it? I've heard they have some QC problems like high frets, etc. which I really wouldn't want on a guitar that costs about 1050€. I also have been looking at the charvel dk24 so if anyone has tried/owned one which one is better?
I am leaning towards the AZ because it has stainless steel frets, thicker neck(haven't tried one yet but will try this year. ) and that bocote top one looks really nice. Also HSS or HH?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Also what about the rg550 genesis? it would be priced really well but apparently the pickups are not that great. I also found the s61al which is the same price as the AZ and I think might be a good option. Only thing is that they are made in indonesia(not the rg550) so I'm bit scared that the quality is gonna be crap.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 08:05 PM

Reviews: 21
I own an AZ242F in tequila sunrise. It needed a tiny bit of work on it when I got it. A neck adjustment really that was solved by unbolting, adjusting the neck, then bolting it down. Not an uncommon problem for any bolt on no matter where it's made. Now that it's sorted it's an amazing instrument! I really like the Hyperion pickups too even though I'm a Dimarzio guy.
I also own an RG521 Genesis. I liked the stock pickups but recently switched them out to a Super Distortion and Humbucker from Hell in the bridge and neck respectively. Now it sounds amazing!
These have been my top two players over the last few years.
You might want to save up more for a Prestige AZ but I love my Premium.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Re: AZ Premium worth it?

wow thats Great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode