Ibanez JEM Forum banner

AZ TUNING RETURN ISSUES

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
I think everybody that has an AZ has complained at some point, and whenever I'd be doing one I'd just keep at it until it behaved. Of course I'd be pretty stoned and as few AZ's as I'd do it's not like the next one I'd pick up a month later I'd remember, if I ever really figured it out. But since I quit smoking weed, and I had 3 AZ's to do in 4 guitars, I had to resolve the problem.

It’s the tuners. Weird phenomenon. You have to detune into tune. If you do what you should, tune up to tune to take the slop out of the gears like any fixed bridge guitar, it returns mad sharp on a lot of strings. If you detune into tune it behaves very well. It is non locking so it’s never going to be 100% but it’s quite passable. You still have to cut the nut open right, back relieve it, lube, fully stretch, all the normal sh!t, but the main problem is the tuners. So just detune into tune. I always hated these locking tuners you use a quarter on the top to lock anyway, but now I don't hate them quite as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.