B.C. Rich NJ Jr.V with widow headstock. - I AM buying one of - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

B.C. Rich NJ Jr.V with widow headstock. - I AM buying one of

Hello

Well I've been out of the "Metal" guitar thing for a while, buying guitars versatile for jazz an fusion, but the last month I've had the "Metal" bug in me, and I would like to get a B.C. Rich Jr.V NJ model with the floyd and widow headstock, I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these and was wondering if Guitar Center in and around michigan or buffalo carries them?

Since nothing in my area does.

Thanks guys

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 01:01 AM

B.C. Rich NJ Jr.V with widow headstock.

Be prepared to throw the floyd in the trash, and buy a new one for it, IMO. Pickups aren't great either, but I hate stocks pickups..

We have a recent, neckthrough, NJ Mockingbird hanging in the shop where I work.. The bridge is bad, very bad. TRS bad. Doesn't help that the neck has a hump in it at about the 15th fret either. Play before you buy, without a doubt.

Seemed to be about the equivalent of an RG470, discounting the neck problem.. Not a bad guitar, I guess, though I wouldn't buy one. If it were me(I know, it's not me, but) I'd forget the NJ and build something from Warmoth parts.. Too bad they don't make the 'King' V body..
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

I Figured as much.

I Knew the bridge was crap(thanks for the heads up), I have a new lo pro sitting here wiating to go into something.

I'd love to build warmoth, I just wish they'd get thier act togeather and start producing *REAL* 24 fret necks.

I'd be all over them If they did.

Thanks Toshiro, I might just skip it altogeather.

Chris
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 09:29 AM

Wow, I thought it was me but someone else agrees with a bad tremolo on that guitar or something becasue the low E string goes out of tune alot. I do own an NJ V with widow, I think its not the best but not bad either, just needs better parts. But once you get past that problem and you put it through a great rig you have yourself a metal monster! The look of the guitar is very sinister, very lightweight and plays well, the neck is great too. I have always wanted one simliar to pat's from cannibal corpse(though he plays the custom USA models), this is as close as I got. I would try to play one or look for one at drumcityguitarland, or ebay. It's worth it if you want to set it up to your expectations. laters........Ed
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 02:52 AM

Warmoth does make King V bodies. *Look at their picture for regular V's and there's something next to it that says they make King V's as well.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 03:48 AM

I love Pat's guitars, I believe he plays 7 string V's with EMG 707's exclusively now.... if i get the chance i'll talk shop with him at the Cannibal show on monday in Toronto...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah Pat plays 6 and 7 string Rich's and Jack plays Brian Moore 7's *and Schecters I believe.

They look great.

Anybody have any pics of Pat's guitars?

I'd love to get a custom 7 with a widow headstock man oh man, such a sweet guitar.

Chris

(Edited by MorbidAngel at 10:06 pm on Mar. 30, 2002)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 01:02 AM

Morbid, check out BC's site, they have a price list for their custom shop and production US riches....yikes!! pricey...but SWEET!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

I've been drooling over that site for the last few hours.

I think I might take the plunge after I get my rack and amp setup done for a while.
(yeah right eh kev )

Then I think I'll go for either an all black with no inlays JR.V 7 with a widow headstock or a Mockingbird in all black.

dunno yet.

Chris
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 01:25 AM

SWEEET....I want a 7 string V....after watching Pat....i got his autograph and he gave me his pick...Dunlop Jazz III..hehe i use those as well...

(Edited by brianboros at 1:34 am on April 3, 2002)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

LOL so Do I JazzIII's ar the best!! in black

did you notice anyone taking pictures of his guitars?

and have you noticed that the official Cannibal site is down?

Thansk

chris
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 02:48 AM

The site is down, i think server issues....they have an ultimate metal forum.
MOrbid add me to your icq, my # is 70226386...we can chat some more.

(Edited by brianboros at 2:50 am on April 4, 2002)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 09:24 AM

Id rather suck on a lost easter egg from last year before i'd play a B.C rich. *I don't mean that as any disrespect for you folks that like them. But my experience with them are that they are highly overpriced guitars with the quality of a pawnshop Harmony. Even the US models are lesser guitars than the Korian Ibys in my opinion. Last BC i had (no kidding) I gave away to one of those programs for underprivilaged children at christmas. Hope it inspired someone to discover the joy of music.
How did I ever aquire a BC in the first place? Friend gave it to me as payment on a cash loan of 200 dollars. It was take the guitar or get nothing even kinda deal. I didn't ever expect to real get paid back anyways, so cool.
Ramblin like a fool again.
Chadwick

Tags
brian moore , custom shop , dunlop jazz iii , fret neck , fret necks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode