Bandamonium - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Bandamonium

This Bandamonium jerk on the "the auction site that shall not be mentioned" is buying up every single Japanese RG and parting it out on "the auction site that shall not be mentioned". This jerk is even taking apart rare guitars that should not be screwed with. Last night he outbid me on a really nice RG517 Sparkle Silver. He just outbid me on an RG570 a few minutes ago. He dismantles every single one of these guitars and parts them out with ridiculous shipping prices. The guy is a complete jerk if you ask him questions or why it costs $10 to ship a set of strap buttons. Expect to see a beautiful super rare RG517 in pieces on "the auction site that shall not be mentioned" in a week or so.

If he was buying beater guitars and parting them out then that's cool I guess. But buying super rare hard to find guitars and parting them out with insane shipping prices for each little piece just pisses me off. Please do NOT buy from Bandamonium. Maybe if people quit buying from this guy he'll quit parting out all these cool RG's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 PM

Re: Bandamonium

meh dont hate the playa hate the game
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjakob69 View Post
meh dont hate the playa hate the game
+1 They would not do it if there was not a market for it. When they stop making money at it they will stop doing it. Profit doesn't make it right or wrong, it is what it is. Next time bid high enough and you wont' be outbid.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 08:37 PM

When you need a specific part you'll be thankful for guys like bandamonium. If it wasn't for him and proaim I wouldn't have any parts to put together my guitars.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 AM

I must admit, I don't like it when it's on a rare guitar. If it's a ten-a-penny guitar like a current production model then I'm all for it, but it's pretty heartbreaking to see some nice early Jap RGs broken into pieces.

Still, where else can you get original parts without it costing you the earth? It's nature of the beast unfortunately
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:19 AM

It's not like hes taking apart DNA's or PMC's.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:58 AM

I think he's just venting because he got sniped.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordiesel View Post
When you need a specific part you'll be thankful for guys like bandamonium. If it wasn't for him and proaim I wouldn't have any parts to put together my guitars.

There's a huge difference. Proaim is a very cool, very helpful guy. He has helped me out on the phone on wiring issues and gone and dug up info for me even when I wasn't even buying parts from him. Bandamonium is a total jerk with an attitude that rips your head off on every part and overcharges by X3 on shipping. If you ask him questions you get nothing but attitude.

I don't care if he's dismantling worn Japanaese RG 550/560/570's. That's providing a needed service. When he's dismantling a super rare Silver Sparkle RG517, that pisses me off.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
It's not like hes taking apart DNA's or PMC's.
Don't think for a second that they wouldn't do if they thought they could make a profit

I agree that proaim is a cool guy though
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Reviews: 1

I agree, I have bought parts from both myself. They are quite convenient when you need that one part to finish your project out when you can't afford to buy it new.

Example: Bought 2 Original Edge trems from Bandamonium(seperately) in near mint condition for $140 shipped each earlier this year. Other sellers get $299 for a new one. I was happy!

Quote:
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 07:03 PM

its bussines for him.and you are a guitar lover....total different ways to look to guitars.
i have bought parts of him too expencive!but i just needed that part.and he does that with every part of a guitar.so if we do it with al the rg/s on that site the complete guitar becomes very expensive and the prices of the parts rize also. or......every part of the rg become cheaper and there is no profit to part an rg.so it is always the marked.how many pays the the people for it.thats the price.but i cant understand that after more than 20 years there isnt a bulk of parts everywere.and it is a japanese mass product so find something cant be that hard.its not a 50year old fender/gibson part your looking for.so i dont see the problem.but understand your point...i wait for the pmc body that he is selling! and the dna neck of the other seller.....maybe there is someday a 20th body for sale?time will tell....

.please let me know if there is a 20th body with a 10th pickguard and a dna neck is on ****...with some gmc pickups ... !
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM

Don't get me wrong guys... I'd be furious if he was pulling apart collectors. Not because I'm gonna sit here and say ppl can't do whatever they want with guitars but because I want 1 of most of the collector models. DNA, PMC, UVMC etc. The less there are the more expensive they are and the harder they are to come by. And because each swirl is unique pulling them apart cuts down the opportunity to own one of my favorites. But a sparkle 517? There's a big difference...and I've never seen him pull apart an ATD or a 10th anniversary jem. In fact, I've never seen him pull apart any jem. only RG models cause there is an abundance of them.

But then again, I can appreciate that different people collect/want different guitars to what I want so I can see how that would upset you. As far as his attitude... I've never had a problem but have never really asked him anything. His shipping here wasn't expensive. I bought from him a prestige wiring harness for $30 when our dollar was close to US$. Along with the harness came 2 neon pink (white base painted) knobs and a green switch tip. He could've sold them separately and charged double just for knobs. From what I've seen of the rest of his sales they are cheap... and shipping has gone up for everyone.

Last edited by Lordiesel; 10-21-2008 at 08:03 PM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Maybe you just have to bid higher, I dunno. I always do my bids at the last 10 seconds. I bid my absolute "worst case scenario"highest bid. I put it in at the last 10 seconds. That way if I win, I win. If I lose, it was the most I wanted to pay, and I don't end up bidding any higher than that.

Is he buying every RG out there? I guess if you bid high enough, you will win, and if you don't you have the satisfaction of bumping his price up at the last minute. I have 2 windows open. I make my bid in the one, and it sits on the confirm screen. In another tab I have the item, which I refresh and watch the countdown. Once it hits around 12 seconds, I switch to the confirm and put in my bid. That way if someone else is watching, the bid pops in at under 10 seconds and they might have time to fumble in a last bid. Usually not. The only guitar I lost out on lately was a PMC.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 PM

that PMC was so sweet....probably my favorite pmc swirl to date.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 06:31 AM

Bandamonium has been my consistent source of the prestige DiMarzio/IBZ stock pickups which I absolutely love. Without him many of my project guitars would still be pickup-less. But I do agree that he has an attitude and can get unnecessarily defensive at times. He's a trustworthy seller nevertheless; I once had something from him get lost in the post (not his fault) and he compensated for it by offering me a huge discount on something else I was interested in. Not much to shout about, but still a plus in my book.

Proaim is a godsend. Used parts, in MINT condition, at used prices? Nobody does it better than him. And he is willing to go out of the way to help people obtain obscure parts, sometimes not even marking them up. Heck, he probably is the reason why I start so many Ibanez projects. Chris, if you're reading this, CHEERS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode