BC Rich - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

BC Rich

Ive seen these around at GC but never really played one. I notice that they have a lot of "cheap" guitars. Do they really sound like a cheap guitar. I saw like the slayer guys sig model for like $299. Was BC a popular choice in the 80's? I see a lot of old metal heads and hair band looking guys playing these things. So my question is whats the deal with BC Rich?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 05:36 PM

B.C. Rich USA made a lot of great, and they might still. The cheap ones are all imports. I haven't really tried any, but some of them may be good.

Chuck Schuldiner(RIP) of Death had a few custom stealths with single Dimarzio bridge pickups and hardtail bridges that were quite godly.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 03:18 PM

I don't really like em at all, I think the head stock looks scabby and they are painfull to play sitting down. They just look cheesey. Little metal wanna be kid: "oh that looks spikey and the guys from Slipknot play them them so i'm gonna get one, look i'll look so metal. Oh and there so cheap it won't take long to save my money for one".

You could do worse, they don't sound that bad and arn't that badly built. I just think they look crap, oh and you'll want to get new pickups because the ones they come with sound really bad. Just my opinion anyway.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 12:22 AM

The us models are superior in tone and playability to jackson guitars, and feel quit the same to me. the low end stuff is crap, but so is low end ibanez stuff to me. Its to each his own I guess. Bc rich does make strat style guitars, they dont make guitars for everybody though you know?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

I thought that slipknot plays Jacksons...I was just curious about BC Rich. I do agree that they look chessy. I dont think Id buy one just was wondering whats up with them..guess I know now haha
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 03:33 PM

Maybe I was a bit unfair, I know they do make differant models. I was mainy refering to those Warlock guitars (I think that's what there called).
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 08:04 PM

and we all know kerry king's guitar is only 300 dollars lmao
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:10 AM

kerry king doesnt deserve a signature guitar, even one for $300. incase you cant tell... im not a K.King fan

Rob
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 12:16 PM

I'm not a big Kerry King fan myself, but eh, whatever. His guitar at least looks cool.

Here's Chuck Schuldiner. Look at that guitar and tell me that's not sweet.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBurn
kerry king doesnt deserve a signature guitar, even one for $300. incase you cant tell... im not a K.King fan

Rob
I'll agree on that,Althou i lurve Slayer,Hanneman is by far and away my fave "thrash" geetareest KK just doesn't do it for me at all

Rob
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:39 PM

I met KK at a party once (media launch for a a Machine Head album) and he was a bit arrogant. The MH guys were really humble and cool. I was thrilled to meet Kerry, until I started to talk with the guy, and all he could do was chastise me for never having seen a Slayer gig before (they were playing with MH the next night). Well excuuuuuuuuuuse mmmeeeeee! *LOL* Slayer never came to my little faraway home town.

Some BC Rich guitars are amazing. I love them for Mustaine-style rhythm work, but I need a bit more fretboard radius for leads. They feel very solid.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarkatana
Here's Chuck Schuldiner. Look at that guitar and tell me that's not sweet.
It's not sweet Just messing with you, couldn't resist

And actually only one of the guys from Slipknot plays BC Rich (signature model), the other guy used to play everything from Jackson to Ibanez, but now plays PRS.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 07:23 PM

The USA mockingbird models are apparently great guitars, I never played one though. I'm not a big fan of KK, but his signature models look really cool as far as over the top metal guitars go (and the real thing is more like $3000, lol)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 02:00 AM

The import bc rich stuff is garbage but their USA Custom shop stuff is incredible. I have an Assassin the smokes. Blows away every soloist I've owned or picked up.

Met and partied w/ KK too, and he was actually very cool, and down to earth.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 10:11 AM

Robert Vigna of Immolation plays a black Mockingbird with black hardware, EMGs, and no inlays on the fretboard. It is quite an attractive guitar.

I don't know why, but for some reason I really like the Ironbird design. Trey of Morbid Angel is using one here. Stupid, ugly design but I like it for some reason.

Tags
bridge pickup , bridge pickups , chuck schuldiner , custom shop , dimarzio bridge , dimarzio bridge pickup , fretboard radius , hardtail bridge , jackson guitars , kerry king , morbid angel , signature guitar , strat style , strat style guitar , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode