BC RICH 7 STRINGS - Anyone play one? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

BC RICH 7 STRINGS - Anyone play one?

* has anyone tried bc rich 7 strings? i heard they are handmade to order with the specs u want on them. really custom made and at custom prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 04:18 PM

BC RICH 7 STRINGS

Maybe somebody up north, but just like the ol Hammers n Krammers they arn't a common product line held down here in the southeast.....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 05:05 PM

BC RICH 7 STRINGS

I've played a lower end N7 Warlock, it needed a setup, and the neck felt a little wierd. Very rounded, like a flatter Fender.
Not bad, just not my taste. Maybe the high end ones have better necks. Or maybe you like D shaped necks.
It was ok for 500 some new.
(Personally I'd rather get a GP 7620 online for 600 new. )
The high end USA ones list above 2k so be ready to pay for what you get. Tons of people swear by BC Rich, but tons of people swear by EMG, and I hate those, too. It's all personal taste.

(Edited by GZeusEcchiQryst at 6:07 pm on July 13, 2001)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 06:44 AM

BC RICH 7 STRINGS

i played the american ones and they *******
rock. neck through, awesome pickups, good tremelo and a *******
outrageous price tag!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 11:35 PM

BC RICH 7 STRINGS

I own the N7 Warlock & it's a great guitar for the money! *Actually, it was setup from the factory better than ANY 7-string I've own in the past (Ibanez RGs, Universes, Schecters, & Epis). *Very low action, smooth thin neck, & a great tremolo that never goes out of tune. *My only gripe is that the pickups are a little weak for my standards. *If you're into the BCRich stylings, this is definately a guitar worth purchasing!

As far as the Amercian Custom Models, yes, you basically can do any option you can think of. *I looked in ordering a custom at Zobrist Music (www.zobristmusic.com) in Seattle & they quoted me a price of $1150!!! *They are an authorized BCRich dealer & they know the Rich family personally. * If you're interested in a custom BCRich, go through them! *Plus, when I mentioned that I would put a link to them on my website, they proposed an even bigger discount! *Good luck.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 06:05 AM

BC RICH 7 STRINGS

I tried the NJ series one in my local store while shopping for a new guitar. It was set up really really badly, but despite that the neck was comfortable and nice to play on. The styling is damn cool as well (but then I have always been a fan despite playing ibanez mostly). It's good for the price, was thinking of getting one as a back up guitar. I'm sure if it had been setup properly that it would have played really well. Nice guitar...

Has anyone tried the US BCRich 7strings? Like the neckthru ones? I'd be interested to hear about them. Anyone played one with the sound holes in it?

Tags
custom models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode