BC Rich Bich NJ Series - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 34
BC Rich Bich NJ Series

Well, I know this is going to raise a few smiles, but looked what I just bought

http://www.guitaruk.com/largepic.php?id=57

Yep, it is a BC Rich, korean made NJ Bich.

Once you have all finished crying with laughter, I would like to say that it rocks!

I actually first tried this guitar out a couple of years ago and really liked it, and the guys at PJ's in Portsmouth held onto it for me.

It has had a full set up (with pink strings) and plays really well, and I am surprised how good the pick ups are actually; they are also pretty loud. The floyd is a cheap licenced unit, but for normal play it is fine.

Anyone now anything about the specs of these? I assume it is an agathis or poplar body, but I would be interedted to know more.

You can all continue laughing now, while I learn some more W.A.S.P. covers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Reviews: 2
Thumbs up Re: BC Rich Bich NJ Series

Is it a neck-thru guitar?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: BC Rich Bich NJ Series

I aint laughin..i think theyre f#%kin mean as!!! If it came with maple, id be all over that like a rash!!
Congrats dude...horns are way high for ya!!!!
Now crank that BICH!!!!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Nice! I found the pickups in my Bc rich hideous. but it was quite cheap. I think the bich is the nicest shape BC rich make, (apart from an ironbird maybe)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM

I had an awesome 7 string Warlock in gun metal gray. it had a widow headstock and a floyd. crazy guitar. i sold it to buy my 7620. dunno if i regret it or not......
also had a mediocre 7 string mockingbird that i got rid of. it had a regular headstock and a fixed bridge. traded it for a drum machine. dont miss it at all. ha ha.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
Is it a neck-thru guitar?
No it is bolt on. As it is also quite light, this probably explains the excellent bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
I aint laughin..i think theyre f#%kin mean as!!! If it came with maple, id be all over that like a rash!!
Congrats dude...horns are way high for ya!!!!
Now crank that BICH!!!!
Thanks dude. When I was picking it up from the shop we sat down and cranked it up and tried to work out "Harder Faster" and "Blind in Texas" much to the annoyance of everyone else. I played the first solo from One, and made every note a forced harmonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopertron View Post
Nice! I found the pickups in my Bc rich hideous. but it was quite cheap. I think the bich is the nicest shape BC rich make, (apart from an ironbird maybe)
I like the Bich, but I prefer the Warlock, as a few of my friends had them. Make no mistake this is a cheap guitar, it just has the mojo. I think it is actually Korean made, and I am sure that the pickups aren't great, but I can get some useful sounds from it. I think modern guitars are so focused on producing one kind of music that it is difficult to get a say a great processed sound and a good clean sound from stock pu's. Maybe when this was made, the guitar was a better all-rounder, without being particulalry great at any one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoGiant View Post
I had an awesome 7 string Warlock in gun metal gray. it had a widow headstock and a floyd. crazy guitar. i sold it to buy my 7620. dunno if i regret it or not......
also had a mediocre 7 string mockingbird that i got rid of. it had a regular headstock and a fixed bridge. traded it for a drum machine. dont miss it at all. ha ha.
I know what you mean. I have sold some guitars that I really regret now, although it is hard to be too sad when the outcome was a Jem.

This case proves 2 points:

1. The country of origin is not a guarantee of quality. Korean guitars can be very good.

2. Set up can overcome a lot of other problems. My guitar guy (Steve at PJ's Guitar Centre) is really great. He is the kind of guy that picks up problems that other techs miss and fixes them. I know that the trem is not great, but to be honest this is guitar No. 15 for me, and most of my others have Schallers or Edges, so it isn't a big deal.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 PM

a guitar can be from anywhere. if it feels right and sounds right, then who cares about the name?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoGiant View Post
a guitar can be from anywhere. if it feels right and sounds right, then who cares about the name?
Quote of the day people!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 AM

If it's an NJ series that means that it was made in Japan because the NJ stands for Nagoya Japan which is where they were being made at the time. The body is almost definitely made of agathis, most of them are.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Hi Nick,

Just to clarify any uncertainty, your NJ Bich is Korean made. The original NJ's were indeed Japanese but at some point in time, manufacture went slightly west!!

Steve
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonphreak View Post
Hi Nick,

Just to clarify any uncertainty, your NJ Bich is Korean made. The original NJ's were indeed Japanese but at some point in time, manufacture went slightly west!!

Steve
Thanks dude.

BTW I am loving that guitar.

Last edited by nickcoumbe; 04-21-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Tags
bc rich , bich , nj series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode